Whole Wheat Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies- No Refined Sugar- The classic cookie with a few healthy substitutions. These cookies are made with whole wheat flour, dark chocolate chips and contain no refined sugar! Delicious, with a little less guilt.
As mentioned last week, we moved into a new house recently. Everything is going really well and we are adjusting to a new state, a new house, a new neighborhood and for me, a new stove.
Our new kitchen is equipped with a nice stove, but, it’s electric. My last stove was a gas stove. I’m grateful we didn’t have to buy a new stove, but, it’s been a bit of a learning curve baking in it.
I’ve burnt pizza, roasted carrots and we had some almost burnt potatoes tonight for dinner. It’s not a major issue, but, I figured for my first attempt at baking for the blog, I would stick with something that I couldn’t mess up too terribly.
Chocolate Chip Cookies 🤎
The Ingredients List:
- Whole wheat flour + Salt + Baking soda
- Coconut palm sugar
- Butter ( softened)
- Egg + Vanilla
- Dark chocolate chips
What is Coconut Palm Sugar? Coconut palm sugar is a natural sugar that comes from coconut palm sap. While it still is sugar, it is less refined/processed than white sugar. It also has a lower glycemic index. Check out the recipe card for brand I prefer.
Cookie Dough: If you kitchen/house is on the hotter ( or humid) side, refrigerate the cookie dough for about 30 minutes before baking.
No Refined Sugar? Any recipes on the blog with this notation do not include white sugar, brown sugar or powdered sugar. Instead, they are sweetened with honey, maple syrup, or coconut palm sugar. Plus, any chocolate is dark.
Check out the No Refined Sugar Section in the Recipe Index!
More Ways to Make Use of Your Chocolate Chips:
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Oatmeal Pumpkin Bread
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle
- Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Croissant Bread Pudding
- Chocolate Chip Scones
- Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Pancakes
A look back:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup ( 2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment or silicone baking mats.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Gradually, add in flour mixture and beat until fully combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop a piece of dough and roll into about a 1 inch size ball . Place on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, placing balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Let cookies sit for 30 minutes, then, remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate