Maple Walnut Blondies- – Soft bars loaded with maple flavor and crunchy walnuts, plus, topped off with a maple syrup glaze. Perfect for a fall dessert!
Besides pumpkin, I would have to say that maple is one of my favorite flavors of fall.
How about you? Are you a fan of maple?
These blondies are loaded with maple flavor and packed full with crunchy walnuts. They also have the added bonus of the maple syrup glaze.
Fall dessert alert! 🍁
- 8 x 8 baking dish + non stick cooking spray or parchment paper
- Medium size saucepan + whisk
- Mixing bowl + rubber/silicon spatula
- Additional mixing bowl + whisk (for glaze)
- Measuring cups/spoons
📌 Pin it for Later
- Flour + Salt + Baking powder
- Brown sugar
- Maple syrup
- Maple flavoring
- Powdered sugar
- Chopped walnuts
Don’t like walnuts? Try pecans or almonds instead. You can also eliminate the nut element all together, if you wish.
Can’t find maple flavoring? That’s OK. Just add a smidgen more maple syrup to your batter.
Want to make Homemade Maple Flavored Syrup? Find an easy recipe right here.
More Maple to Love:
- Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts with Maple Glaze
- Maple Bacon Cheesecake Bites
- Maple Cinnamon Quick Bread
- Maple Cream Pie
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 6 TBSP butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp maple flavoring
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1-2 TBSP milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8 x 8 baking dish or line with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, melt butter with brown sugar. Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup. Set aside and let the mixture cool for 5-8 minutes. Once cooled, stir in eggs and maple flavoring.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, salt and baking powder. Add in syrup mixture and mix to combine. Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Make Glaze: Whisk together glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle on bars before serving.
- adapted from king arthur flour
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate