Maple Walnut Blondies- – Soft bars loaded with maple flavor and crunchy walnuts, plus, topped off with a maple syrup glaze. Perfect for a fall dessert!
Besides pumpkin, I would have to say that maple is one of my favorite flavors of fall.
How about you? Are you a fan of maple?
These blondies are loaded with maple flavor and packed full with crunchy walnuts. They also have the added bonus of the maple syrup glaze.
Fall dessert alert! 🍁
- 8 x 8 baking dish + non stick cooking spray or parchment paper
- Medium size saucepan + whisk
- Mixing bowl + rubber/silicon spatula
- Additional mixing bowl + whisk (for glaze)
- Measuring cups/spoons
📌 Pin it for Later
- Flour + Salt + Baking powder
- Brown sugar
- Maple syrup
- Maple flavoring
- Powdered sugar
- Chopped walnuts
Don’t like walnuts? Try pecans or almonds instead. You can also eliminate the nut element all together, if you wish.
Can’t find maple flavoring? That’s OK. Just add a smidgen more maple syrup to your batter.
Want to make Homemade Maple Flavored Syrup? Find an easy recipe right here.
More Maple to Love:
- Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts with Maple Glaze
- Maple Bacon Cheesecake Bites
- Maple Cinnamon Quick Bread
- Maple Cream Pie
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 6 TBSP butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp maple flavoring
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1-2 TBSP milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8 x 8 baking dish or line with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, melt butter with brown sugar. Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup. Set aside and let the mixture cool for 5-8 minutes. Once cooled, stir in eggs and maple flavoring.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, salt and baking powder. Add in syrup mixture and mix to combine. Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Make Glaze: Whisk together glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle on bars before serving.
- adapted from king arthur flour
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate