Three Ingredient Oreo Cupcakes- -Did you know you could make cupcakes with just a pack of Oreo cookies and some milk? Well, believe it! These cupcakes only require three ingredients and are moist, chocolaty and delicious. The finishing touch? Cookies and cream buttercream frosting. 😋
What are the Three Ingredients?
- Oreo cookies
- Baking powder
Do I have to use Oreo brand cookies? I do recommend using the well known Oreo brand for these. While I normally would say go with a brand equivalent chocolate sandwich cookie, honestly, I am not sure if they will work for this recipe.
I have only used Oreos for these and can’t say for certain they would work the same as the name brand Oreo.
Milk: Again, I would recommend using regular dairy milk for these. I can’t say for certain that a plant based milk would work. However, I have seem versions online that have used whipping cream and worked out.
Can I use this batter for a cake instead? Yes. If desired, spread the batter into a 8-9 inch greased baking pan and increase your baking time about 5 minutes.
How to Make:
- First, place Oreo cookies and baking powder into a food processor or blender. Blend until they resemble crumbs.
- Then, add in milk and blend until fully combined and smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly into a 12 count muffin pan and bake.
- Let them cool completely before frosting.
What About Frosting?
- Our cupcakes are frosted with a basic vanilla buttercream frosting with a few crushed cookies mixed in. This frosting goes perfectly with the cupcakes. However, go with your favorite vanilla frosting or you can simply dust them with some powdered sugar for another option.
More Recipes with a Short Ingredients List:
- Three Ingredient Chocolate Dip
- Three Ingredient Chocolate Bites
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Small Batch Protein Brownies
- Mixed Berry Sorbet
- Cream Cheese Candies
- 30 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 TBSP shortening
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 TBSP milk
- 4 Oreo cookies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 count muffin pan or line with cupcake papers.
- In a food processor or blender, add in cookies and baking powder. Blend until they are fine crumbs. Add in milk and blend until smooth and fully combined.
- Divide batter evenly into pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- Make Frosting: Beat butter and shortening until creamy. Add in vanilla. Mix to combine. Gradually, add in powdered sugar and milk. Beat until creamy and desired consistency is reached. Stir in cookie crumbs. Keep any leftover frosting in a covered container in refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate