Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect breakfast treat. These are soft, fluffy and packed full of mini chocolate chips. Enjoy for a snack or dessert too!
Muffins are such a great thing, don’t you think?
I mean, they are soft, fluffy and are portable. Portable baked goods are the best.
So, for my first post on this brand new baking blog, I’m sharing a family favorite for portable breakfast food: Chocolate Chip Muffins.
These muffins are quite amazing. The original recipe is for giant bakery style muffins, but, I changed it just a smidgen and make regular size instead.
- Mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- 12 count muffin pan + liners or non stick cooking spray
- Spoon or ice cream scoop ( for batter)
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Mini chocolate chips
Just a few recipe notes:
- If you don’t have any buttermilk on hand, simply mix 1 cup of milk with 1/4 cup of vinegar and let it sit for 5 minutes before mixing into batter.
- Don’t over mix your batter! Lumps are OK.
- If you do wish to make 12 jumbo muffins, increase your baking powder to 1 TBSP. Baking time will be the same.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips ( will be divided)
- coarse sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a 12 count muffin pan or line with papers.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then, add in sugar. eggs, butter, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Mix until just combined. Lumps are ok!
- Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking pan and top with remaining chocolate chips and if desired, coarse sugar.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then, turn down oven temperature to 375 degrees. Bake an additional 9-11 minutes.
- Let muffins cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from pan.
This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure for more information.
Serving Size:1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate