Lemon Meringue Pie for One 🍋 Don’t want to make a whole pie, but, still want to satisfy your lemon craving? Make this easy and delicious pie that is perfect just for one person. Or two, if you want to share 😉
I adore lemon meringue pie. Actually, I adore most lemon desserts.
The only problem?
I’m the only person in my family that does. They like lemonade, but, that’s about it.
So, I usually wind up getting one lemon cupcake, one lemon bar, or one slice of lemon meringue pie at the local bakery.
Not anymore- – Because, I found this recipe to make lemon meringue pie for one. Yippee! Super fabulous news. 💛
Your Ingredients List:
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Lemon juice + zest
- Egg ( it will be separated)
- Cream of tartar
What size dish do I need to make this? I used a 7 inch small corning ware dish. The exact size is : 7-1/2″ x 4-3/4″ x 1-1/8 ” But, a small 4-6 inch oven safe ramekin or dish will work.
Why is your filling brown? Yes, my filling is really lemon! When I started making this, I grabbed the coconut sugar instead of the regular white sugar. It worked fine, but, it gave the filling a brown color. If you use white sugar, your filling will be much lighter.
How Long Do I Whip My Egg Whites? Whipping the egg whites should take about 5-10 minutes, depending on your mixer. Be sure they are stiff peaks and a glossy white. If you hold your beater/whisk attachment up straight, the egg whites should not drip off.
More Small Batch Desserts:
- Chocolate Cake For Two
- Single Serving Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cake For Two
- Small Batch Protein Brownies
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 TBSP butter, melted
- 3 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 TBSP sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 4-7 inch ramekin or oven safe dish.
- In a bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter for crust. Press crumbs into the bottom of your prepared dish. Bake 10 minutes. Remove and let it cool while making filling.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix sugar, cornstarch, and water. Increase heat just slightly and cook for about a minute. The mixture should thicken.
- Add egg yolk to a small bowl and remove about a tablespoon of the mixture from the saucepan and stir into the egg yolk.
- Stir the egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining original mixture.
- Cook for an additional two minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, zest and butter. Be sure to mix until butter is completely melted.
- Spread into graham cracker crust.
- Beat egg white and cream of tartar until foamy. Increase speed and gradually, add in sugar whiling beating. Do not add all the sugar in at once. This will flatten your meringue.
- Continue beating until stiff peaks form and your egg whites are glossy white.
- Spread on top of filling.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Adapted from One Dish Kitchen
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 754Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 246mgSodium: 451mgCarbohydrates: 110gFiber: 2gSugar: 78gProtein: 10g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate