Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies- Perfect soft cookies loaded with heart oatmeal and dark chocolate chips. Grab a cold glass a milk and enjoy a few today!
It’s been a crazy past week here.
We took our kids and headed out for a major road trip. It lasted about 6 days and we traveled through about a half a dozen states and Canada.
Goodness, it was fun, but, I am beat!
It’s the perfect time to relax and enjoy a nice plate of cookies. 😉
The Ingredients You Need:
- Flour + Salt + Baking powder + Baking soda + Ground cinnamon
- Brown sugar
- Old fashion oats
- Dark chocolate chips
A few notes ⇢ ⇢ Make sure your butter is softened (yes, I sound like a broken record!). This gives your cookies the soft texture.
Be sure to use old fashion oats, not quick cooking oats.
I prefer these cookies with the dark chocolate chips. It gives them a really deep chocolate flavor. However, if you prefer semi sweet or milk chocolate chips, they will work just fine.
Also, if you can’t find dark chocolate chips, simply chop up a dark chocolate baking bar.
Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies= a perfectly fabulous cookie snacking option.
More Oatmeal Baked Goods to Enjoy:
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Buttercream Frosting
- Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- Soft Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
linking up and weekend potluck
Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Perfect soft cookies loaded with hearty oatmeal and dark chocolate chips. Grab a cold glass a milk and enjoy a few today!
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup old fashion oats
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or mats.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and old fashion oats. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Then, add in vanilla and egg. Beat until combined.
- Gradually, add in flour mixture and beat until fully combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough, by the tablespoons on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until set.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 15 minutes before removing. Then, cool cookies completely on wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
YORLFE Silicone Baking Mat Set, 2 Pack Non-Stick Silicon Liner for Bake Pans
Checkered Chef Cooling Racks for Baking - Baking Rack Twin Set. Stainless Steel Oven and Dishwasher Safe Wire Cooling Rack. Fits Half Sheet Cookie Pan- set of 2
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Quarter Sheet, 2-Pack
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 48mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate
Tuesday 13th of August 2019
Your Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies look very special and a perfect after school treat! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday,444 and hope you have a great week! Miz Helen
Thursday 15th of August 2019
Great idea Miz Helen! Thanks for dropping by :)
Friday 9th of August 2019
Delicious cookies with a little health, love it! Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday!