Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies- Perfect soft cookies loaded with heart oatmeal and dark chocolate chips. Grab a cold glass a milk and enjoy a few today!
It’s been a crazy past week here.
We took our kids and headed out for a major road trip. It lasted about 6 days and we traveled through about a half a dozen states and Canada.
Goodness, it was fun, but, I am beat!
It’s the perfect time to relax and enjoy a nice plate of cookies. 😉
The Ingredients You Need:
- Flour + Salt + Baking powder + Baking soda + Ground cinnamon
- Brown sugar
- Old fashion oats
- Dark chocolate chips
A few notes ⇢ ⇢ Make sure your butter is softened (yes, I sound like a broken record!). This gives your cookies the soft texture.
Be sure to use old fashion oats, not quick cooking oats.
I prefer these cookies with the dark chocolate chips. It gives them a really deep chocolate flavor. However, if you prefer semi sweet or milk chocolate chips, they will work just fine.
Also, if you can’t find dark chocolate chips, simply chop up a dark chocolate baking bar.
Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies= a perfectly fabulous cookie snacking option.
More Oatmeal Baked Goods to Enjoy:
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Buttercream Frosting
- Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- Soft Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup old fashion oats
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or mats.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and old fashion oats. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Then, add in vanilla and egg. Beat until combined.
- Gradually, add in flour mixture and beat until fully combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough, by the tablespoons on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until set.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 15 minutes before removing. Then, cool cookies completely on wire rack.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
YORLFE Silicone Baking Mat Set, 2 Pack Non-Stick Silicon Liner for Bake Pans
Checkered Chef Cooling Racks for Baking - Baking Rack Twin Set. Stainless Steel Oven and Dishwasher Safe Wire Cooling Rack. Fits Half Sheet Cookie Pan- set of 2
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Quarter Sheet, 2-Pack
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 48mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate