Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bites– Easy bites packed full of creamy peanut butter and dark chocolate. You only need 4 ingredients, and these are great for a quick snack or sweet treat.
- Peanut butter
- Old fashion oats
- Dark chocolate chips
Pin it For Later:
Peanut Butter: Regular or the natural variety will both work. However, if you use the natural version, you may need to add a bit more oats. This will help absorb any access oil.
Can I Use Another Type of Nut Butter? Yes. If desired, you can use cashew, almond, etc. Keep in mind, that different nut butters will have a different texture and nutritional content. So, you may need to increase/decrease the amount, plus, the nutritional information noted in the recipe card will differ.
Dark Chocolate Chips: Personally, I like dark chocolate for our desserts. However, milk chocolate, semi sweet or mini chocolate chips will all work for these.
Can I Use Quick Cooking Oats?
- Yes. Just remember, quick cooking oats are smaller in size. You may need to increase the amount of oats just slightly.
How to Make:
- First, mix together the oats, peanut butter and honey. Be sure to coat everything well. You want your mixture to be able to stick together well. Make sure it’s not falling apart. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop a portion of the mixture and form into a ball. They should be about 1 inch in size.
- Place on a parchment lined flat rimmed baking sheet and continue all all the mixture is gone.
- Refrigerate them for about 30 minutes before serving.
Storage: Keep granola bites in a sealed container/storage bag in the fridge. Eat within a week.
Freezing: I have to be honest, I haven’t tried freezing these. We eat them pretty quickly. 😉 With that being said, I think they should freeze fine. Store them in a freezer safe covered container/storage bag. When you wish to eat, defrost to room temperature.
Love Oats? Try these too:
- 1 1/4 cups old fashion oats
- 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients (except chocolate chips) until fully combined. Be sure your mixture is totally coated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line a flat baking sheet with parchment paper. Form mixture into approx 1 inch balls.
- Place on baking sheet, then, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate