Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Bars are a gooey delight! Chocolate chip cookies bars with salted caramel sandwiched in between the layers. Topped off with a coarse sea salt for the perfect sweet/salty combo.
These bars are so darn good. They’re a bit on the messy side, but, that’s OK.
They are worth it. 😋
Ingredients You Need:
- Flour + Baking soda+Salt
- Sugars: both brown and white
- Eggs + Vanilla
- Chocolate chips
- Salted caramel sauce
- Coarse sea salt
A few ingredient notes: Make sure your butter is good and softened. Yes, I’m a broken record, but, it’s important for the texture of your bars.
Chocolate chips: I used a dark chocolate variety, but, semi sweet and milk chocolate will also work.
Make Your Bars:
First, line your baking pan with foil. Then, spray the foil generously with non stick cooking spray. This will make removing the bars and clean up much easier.
Next, make your batter. When done, take 1/2 of the batter and spread it in your baking pan. A rubber/silicone spatula works good for this. Also, give the spatula a light spray with the cooking spray. This helps spread the batter a little easier.
Now, take your caramel sauce and spread it on top of that first layer of cookie dough. If needed, microwave your sauce for about 20-30 seconds to thin it out for easier spreading.
Spoon the remaining batter on top of the caramel sauce.. Carefully, spread it out evenly, the best you can. If you have a little caramel sauce poking out, that’s OK.
Let the bars cool completely before cutting and if you want, top them off with some coarse sea salt before serving.
Enjoy and try not to eat too many. 😉
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup salted caramel sauce
- coarse sea salt, optional, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with foil. Then, generously spray foil with non stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and both sugars until fluffy. Then, add in eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined. Gradually, add in flour mixture and beat until fluffy and fully combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan. Then, spread on the caramel sauce on top. Take remaining batter and spoon it on top of caramel sauce. Carefully, spread it out evenly, the best you can. If you have a little caramel sauce poking out, that's OK.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until brown. Let bars cool completely before cutting and serving. If desired, sprinkle the top of bars with coarse sea salt before serving.
- adapted from just add sprinkles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 198mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 2gSugar: 41gProtein: 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate