Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle- A delicious twist on your chocolate chip cookie! Crispy brittle loaded with chocolate chips and topped with a creamy chocolate.
This is a great option to making regular chocolate chip cookies. They are quick and don’t require any eggs. Plus, no scooping of the dough, then, baking. Scooping, then, baking. This is much easier!
- Flour + Salt + Vanilla
- Brown sugar
- Butter: softened
- Chocolate chips
To Make: Simply mix the dough, as you would regular cookie dough. Then, spread the dough on a flat rimmed baking sheet. Bake.
Next, let the brittle cool a bit. Melt your chocolate chips until smooth, then, spread on top of the cooled cookie. Let the chocolate set.
Once the chocolate is set and everything has cooled, break the brittle into pieces. Big or little..your choice! Easy stuff.
A few notes:
Your baking sheet: I used a 9 x 12 flat rimmed baking sheet. You could use a smaller/larger sheet, but, your baking time and thickness of the brittle may differ.
Any Substitutions? If you don’t have any brown sugar on hand, regular white sugar or coconut palm sugar will also work. You could also make brown sugar homemade.
Sprinkles: Optional, but, fun! Go with sprinkles, shredded coconut, M & M candies…whatever you wish! Just remember to sprinkle your additional toppings on the chocolate topping before it sets.
Chocolate Topping: If desired, you could cut back on the chocolate chips and instead of coating the entire top of the brittle, you could simply do a chocolate drizzle. Either way, this stuff is still delicious.
Try these too:
- Pan Banging Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Skillet Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1 cup ( 2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- dash of salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with foil. Then, grease the foil.In a mixing bowl, beat butter, vanilla and sugar until creamy. Gradually, add in flour and salt. Beat until fully combined. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread on to prepared baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes or until brown.
- Let brittle cool for 10-15 minutes before adding topping.
- In a saucepan or in a microwave, melt remaining chocolate chip until smooth. Spread on top of cooled brittle. If desired, sprinkle top with any toppings.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set ( about 15-30 minutes). Then, remove and break into desired sized pieces before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate