Peanut Butter Snack Cake- Attention peanut butter lovers! Your new favorite cake has arrived. A soft snack cake that is packed full of peanut buttery goodness and topped with a creamy peanut butter frosting.
- Flour + Baking soda + Baking powder
- Brown sugar
- Peanut butter
- Powdered sugar
- Milk or cream
Butter: Melt your butter and let it cool for about 10-15 minutes before adding it to the batter. If desired, you can replace it with a neutral tasting oil.
Brown Sugar: None on hand? You can use white sugar or coconut palm sugar as replacements.
Can I Use Natural Peanut Butter?
- Yes. However, natural peanut butter contains a higher volume of oil. Therefore, you may need to increase the flour in your cake batter or powdered sugar in the frosting to absorb it. Don’t overdo it…a tablespoon extra should do the trick.
- Be sure not to over mix your batter. Simply mix in the flour ingredients until no dry spots remain. This will give your cake a softer texture.
- Don’t forget! Let the cake cool completely before frosting. Also, if you don’t wish to frost, a light dusting of powdered sugar is a great option.
- Store any leftover cake in the refrigerator. It’s best to eat within 2-3 days.
More Snack Cakes to Try:
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, then, cooled
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- Chopped peanut, for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together brown sugar, eggs, milk, peanut butter and cooled melted butter. Beat to combine. Add in flour mixture and mix until just combine, don't over mix your batter.
- Spread batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely before frosting.
- Make frosting: In bowl, whisk together frosting ingredients until fully combined and smooth. Frost on cooled cake. If desired, top with chopped peanuts before serving.
- adapted from Snacking Cakes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 324mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 8g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate