Two Ingredient Chocolate Bark- Yep, just two! Fun and festive bark that can be decorated for any holiday or occasion. Great for dessert or give as a homemade gift.
I am such a sucker for any sweet treat that requires such a minimal list of ingredients. Come to think of it, any recipe that requires just a handful of ingredeints is a winner in my book.
This bark is soooooo easy and sooooo versatile. You will want to make it for every holiday or special occasion. Trust me.
What are the Two Ingredients?
- Chocolate chips
Pin it for Later:
Chocolate Chips: Any type ( milk/dark/semi-sweet) will all work.
Can I Use White Chocolate? Yes. However, white chocolate does have a different consistency when it’s melted. You may need to add a smidgen more oil when melting it.
Oil: A neutral tasting oil works best for this recipe.
No Oil on Hand? You can replace it with melted butter or shortening.
Top off Your Bark:
- Flavored baking chips
- Chopped nuts
- Candy pieces
- Broken pretzels ( regular or chocolate covered)
- Coarse sea salt
How to Make:
- First, line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Mine was about 10 x 15 in size.
- Then, in a saucepan over medium heat or a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate with oil until it’s smooth.
- Important: Keep a close eye on your chocolate and stir in frequently! Also, if you are using the microwave, do this in 30 second intervals. Both will help prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Once it’s melted, spread it evenly on top of the parchment paper.
- Top with desired toppings. Be sure to do this right away, the chocolate sets up quickly.
- Let the chocolate set. You can leave it at room temperature or a in the fridge. Once it’s set, break up the chocolate into desired size pieces.
- Keep leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator. If desired, you can also freeze this. Be sure it’s a freezer safe container or storage bag and that it’s sealed/covered.
Try These Too!
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 TBSP oil
- Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan or in a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips with oil until smooth.
- Spread the melted chocolate evenly on top of the prepared baking sheet.
- Top with desired toppings. Be sure to do this quickly and before the chocolate sets.
- Let the chocolate set for 2 hours, then, break the bark into desired size pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate