Apple Dump Cake- Three ingredients is all you need for this flavorful cake. It’s a snap to make and is perfect for your fall dessert menu.
Over the years, I have shared a variety of dump cake recipes. Each time, I state ” the name isn’t” the greatest, but, the cake really is” . That statement sure rings true with this recipe!
What is a “Dump Cake” ?
- In truth, you dump all the ingredients into your pan and bake. Usually, that list of ingredients is really short. That again, rings true with this recipe. You only need three ingredients.
Your Three Ingredients:
- Dry cake mix
- Apple pie filling
Pin it for Later!
Cake Mix: A vanilla, white or yellow cake mix works best for this. However, a spice cake could be a good option. To make this recipe work, you will need to use a standard size ( 15-18 oz) cake mix. Also, you will only be using the dry mix! No extra ingredients (from the box instructions) will be needed.
Apple Pie Filling: These can be found in the baking section of your grocery store. You will need 2 ( two) cans that are each 21 ounces in size.
Extra spices: If desired, you can sprinkle the apples with ground cinnamon, nutmeg or your favorite fall dried spice flavors. It’s not required, but, can give your cake a little extra flavor.
A look back:
- one year ago: Vanilla Butter Cake With Cinnamon Honey Buttercream Frosting
- two years ago: Chocolate Chip Muffins for Two
- three years ago: Crustless Custard Pie
linking up and weekend potluck
Cream Cheese Apple Crescent Braid
Cream Cheese Apple Crescent Braid: Sweet brown sugar apples and cream cheese filling tucked into a flaky crescent roll pastry. It's finished off with a thick powdered sugar glaze. It's not only delicious, but, quite a beautiful sweet treat!
Creamy Apple Squares
Creamy Apple Squares are creamy and sweet! These delicious bars start with a cake mix and are a snap to make!
Apple Cookies with Browned Butter Frosting and Caramel Sauce
Apple Cookies with Browned Butter Frosting and Caramel Sauce- Soft cookies packed full of chopped apples, then, topped with a creamy browned butter frosting and a smooth caramel sauce. These delights are a fall flavor extravaganza!
Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie: Apples + Cinnamon Rolls = Eternal Pie Happiness!
Apple Dump Cake
Apple Dump Cake- Three ingredients is all you need for this flavorful cake. It's a snap to make and is perfect for your fall dessert menu.
- 1 box, standard vanilla cake mix
- 2- 21 oz cans apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick), butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Spread both cans of apple pie filling evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Then, sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly on top.
- Pour the melted butter on top of the dry cake mix. Tilt the pan gently to cover as much of the dry mix as possible.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until the top is browned.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or caramel sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 510mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 2gSugar: 47gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate
Thursday 22nd of September 2022
I have prepared this recipe. It is a wonderful recipe. Ingredients can be kept in the pantry for just a time when you want a quick dessert and, certainly, one so easy to prepare.