Homemade Caramel Sauce: If you had not made yourself a batch of homemade caramel sauce…you are missing out. It’s a creamy delight that only needs a handful of simple ingredients and is done in less than an hour. Use it in a recipe or eat it right from the jar. Either way, it’s a winner!
- Brown sugar
- Whipping cream
Pin it for Later!
Recipe Notes and Tips:
- Keep your stove top temperature at low or medium. If you have the heat too high, the sauce may burn.
- You also need to keep a close eye on it. Because again, it can burn easily.
- Store any leftover sauce in the refrigerator in a covered container or jar. It’s best to use it within a week or so.
- When your sauce is done, it will be dark in color and slightly thick. It also will be very hot, so, please, be careful when handling it. It will thicken even more as it cools.
Put Your Homemade Caramel Sauce to Work!
Potato Chip Candy Brownies
Potato Chip Brownies- Ooey, gooey and fudgy! Classic brownies made in small sheet pan, then, topped with potato chips, candies and caramel sauce. A whole lotta yumminess in one dessert!
Shortcut Skillet Salted Caramel Brownies
Jazz up an ordinary box of brownies with these amazing brownies! Fudgy brownies baked in a skillet and topped with caramel sauce and sea salt.
Banana Walnut Caramel Pie
Banana Walnut Caramel Pie- An easy crust-free banana custard pie topped with dreamy caramel sauce, whipped topping and crunchy walnuts. It's pretty amazing....don't miss it!
Salted Caramel Chocolate Layer Cake
Salted Caramel Chocolate Layer- -A moist chocolate cake with a cream cheese and caramel filling. Then, it's topped off with a chocolate-caramel butter cream frosting. It's divine! Don't miss it!
linking up and weekend potluck
Homemade Caramel Sauce
Homemade Caramel Sauce: If you had not made yourself a batch of homemade caramel sauce...you are missing out. It's a creamy delight that only needs a handful of simple ingredients and is done in less than an hour. Use it in a recipe or eat it right from the jar. Either way, it's a winner!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 TBSP butter
- dash of salt
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- In a saucepan, under low-medium heat , whisk together brown sugar, butter and cream. Cook until mixture has thicken. This should take about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat, then, whisk in vanilla and salt . Let cool about 30 minutes before using.
- Keep leftovers in a covered container/jar in the refrigerator. Use within a week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1339Total Fat: 66gSaturated Fat: 42gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 196mgSodium: 422mgCarbohydrates: 184gFiber: 0gSugar: 182gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate