Classic Muddy Buddies- A fun, crunchy snack mix coated in chocolate/peanut butter and coated in powdered sugar. It’s impossible to eat one handful!
Pin it for Later:
- Crispy rice or corn cereal
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
- Powdered sugar
Cereal: AKA “Chex” cereal or a brand equivalent. To get the best taste, the rice or corn flavors work best.
Mix-Ins: You add the amount & the sweets. A few ideas:
- M & M’s – -any flavor or size
- Reese’s Pieces
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Peanut butter cups
- Flavored baking chips
- Chopped up candy bars
- Mixed nuts
How to Make:
- First, measure out the dry cereal. Set aside.
- Next, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter until smooth.
- Pour that mixture on top of the dry cereal. Gently mix it to coat.
- Fill a large plastic storage bag with powdered sugar. Start off with 1 1/2 cups.
- Transfer the coated cereal into the storage bag and seal it up.
- Shake it up and make sure all that chocolate coated cereal is covered in powdered sugar.
- If you need additional powdered sugar, use that extra 1/2 cup. But, do it gradually.
- Once it’s done, pour it into a large bowl and stir in any add ins you may like.
Storage: Keep any leftovers in a covered container. No need to refrigerate, unless it’s very hot/humid in your area.
More Sweet Snacks:
- 9 cups crispy rice or corn cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cream peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 cups of your favorite sweet add-ins
- In a large bowl, measure cereal. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, over low heat, melt butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips until smooth.
- Pour mixture over cereal and stir until completely coated.
- Add 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar into a large plastic storage bag. Add chocolate coated cereal and seal bag. Shake well until mixture in coated well. If needed, use remaining powdered sugar, if needed.
- Pour mixture back into mixing bowl and mix in add ins.
- Store leftovers in a covered container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 517Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 85gFiber: 2gSugar: 36gProtein: 6g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate