Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies- Soft cookies that require just 3 main ingredients! They are quick to make and don’t include any refined sugar. Perfect for an afternoon snack or whenever your sweet tooth needs attention.
With the start of No Refined Sugar January upon me, I made a few dessert recipes that I was hoping were going to be a huge success. They weren’t.
One was fudge. Actually, it wasn’t. It was mush.
Second, was brownies. They were too dry and not chocolaty enough. Yuck.
One of the first recipes shared over at Table for Seven was for peanut butter cookies. The recipe only needs three basic ingredients and is crazy simple to make.
So, I opted to give one of our favorite family recipes a bit of a switch up.
These are those cookies with that aforementioned switch up.
Pin it for Later:
What are the Main Ingredients?
- Peanut butter
- Date Sugar
What is Date Sugar?
- Date sugar is an unrefined sugar that comes from actual finely chopped dried dates. If you can’t find it in your regular grocery store, check in health food stores or see the link in the below recipe card.
Peanut Butter: For the original recipe, I do recommend using regular peanut butter, instead of the natural version. However, for these, the natural version works better.
Why the Natural Peanut Butter? Date sugar is more of a powder than your regular white or brown sugar. Natural peanut butter has a higher oil content than regular. The extra oil helps give the texture a bit more moisture.
How to Make + A Few Notes:
- First, beat an egg until foamy. Then, add in the remaining ingredients and beat to combine.
- If your batter seem too dry, add a bit more peanut butter. Not too much! Just another tablespoon or so.
- Next, scoop a bit of dough and form it into a ball. You want these to be about 1 inch in size. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Continue with the remaining dough.
- Last, with a fork, gently press down on the balls of dough to create a crisscross pattern.
- If desired, roll your cookie balls in raw sugar before baking for a little extra crunch.
- Don’t over bake these! They will look a little soft when you remove them from the oven, but, will firm up as they cool.
- Keep any leftovers in a covered container. No need to refrigerate them. If desired, you can freeze them. I recommend waiting until they are cooled completely. Then, store in a freezer safe, covered container/storage bag. They will stay good for 2-4 months.
No Flour? Try these Too:
linking up and weekend potluck
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies : no refined sugar
Soft cookies that require just 3 main ingredients! They are quick to make and don't include any refined sugar. Perfect for an afternoon snack or whenever your sweet tooth needs attention.
- 1 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 cup date sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Beat egg in large bowl with mixer until foamy. Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Flatten, in crisscross pattern, with a fork.
- Bake 8-10 min. or until lightly browned. Let the cookies sit for 5 minutes before removing them from the baking sheet. Then, remove to wire rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
YORLFE Silicone Baking Mat Set, 2 Pack Non-Stick Silicon Liner for Bake Pans
NOW Natural Foods, Date Sugar, Pleasant Sweetener in Baked Goods, Raw and Unprocessed, Certified Non-GMO, 1-Pound (Packaging May Vary)
Checkered Chef Cooling Racks for Baking - Baking Rack Twin Set. Stainless Steel Oven and Dishwasher Safe Wire Cooling Rack. Fits Half Sheet Cookie Pan- set of 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate
Tuesday 30th of August 2022
It doesn't get any easier than this! Love this for when I want something sweet in a pinch. PB cookies are one of my favs ^_^