Peanut Butter Cookie Cake- A soft, super size peanut butter cookie with a creamy chocolate frosting edge. Plus, no flour required! Great for a weeknight dessert or special occasion treat.
What could be better than a peanut butter cookie?
How about a supersized peanut butter cookie that has also has a creamy chocolate frosting edge and is flourless?!
Sound good? Good. Cause, that’s what we have today. 👍
The Ingredients List:
- Peanut butter *
- Brown sugar
- Powdered sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
* A Note about Peanut Butter: Regular peanut butter works best for this recipe. While I love eating natural peanut butter, it’s a bit too oily for this cookie. If you only have natural peanut butter on hand, you can add a bit of flour ( about 1/4 cup) to the batter to absorb the extra oil.
How to Make: First, mix your batter. It will be thick. Spread your batter into a greased 9 inch round pan. Then, take a fork and make a few criss cross patterns on top of the batter, just like a classic peanut butter.
Bake it. Be sure not to over bake your cookie cake. You want the edges be brown, but, the middle may still seem soft. This is OK. It will firm up as it cools. Then, let it cool completely before frosting.
When you are ready, whisk together the ingredients for the frosting. With a piping bag or a plastic storage bag, add a decorative border around the cookie. If you don’t want a border, of course, decorate it however you wish. However you wish to decorate it, do it immediately after making the frosting. It firms up pretty quickly.
Grab a glass of milk and enjoy a slice.
Used in this Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 TBSP milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8-9 inch round cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat until fully combined. Your batter will be thick.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. With a fork, make a criss cross pattern on the top of the dough. Bake 15-20 minutes or until just browned.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- In a bowl, whisk together melted butter, cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Add in milk and whisk until smooth. Frost on cooled cake.
- frosting adapted from crazy for crust
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 539Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 306mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 3gSugar: 48gProtein: 13g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate