Snickerdoodle Snack Cake- No Eggs, No Butter, Refined Sugar or Milk– A soft, moist cake loaded with cinnamon! But, you won’t find any milk, eggs, butter or refined sugar in this fun snack cake. A delicious little cake that is perfect for a quick dessert.
We LOVE both of these cakes at my house and it prompted me to try another version. This time, we are going with the classic snickerdoodle flavor of cinnamon and sugar. In additional to having no eggs, milk or butter, this one doesn’t have any refined sugar either! Yippee!
- Flour + Salt + Baking Powder + Ground Cinnamon
- Coconut Palm Sugar
- White vinegar
Coconut Palm Sugar: If you don’t have any on hand, regular brown sugar will also work. However, keep in mind, that brown sugar is considered a refined sugar. 😉
Oil: Use a neutral tasting oil. Canola, sunflower or vegetable oil will all work.
How to Make:
- The vanilla and chocolate versions of these cakes were both made by creating wells in your baking pan and mixing it all in the pan. However, for this version, I found making the batter in a separate bowl works better. The good news if that you don’t have to pull out your big mixer for this. A medium size mixing bowl and whisk will work just fine.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk dry ingredients. Then, add in the wet ingredients and whisk it all until smooth. Don’t go mixing crazy! Mix it until it’s smooth and combined. Over mixing may give you a dense cake.
- Spread the batter into your prepared pan. Then, top the batter with the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Lightly press it into the batter, then, bake.
This cake goes great with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream! Regular or dairy free.
Small Cake Lovers Rejoice!
- Yellow Cake for Two
- Pumpkin Cake for Two
- Chocolate Cake for Two
- Lemon Snack Cake
- Vanilla Cockeyed Cake
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 TBSP neutral tasting oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, coconut palm sugar, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt.
- Add in oil, vanilla, vinegar and water. Whisk until smooth. Don't over mix.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon for topping. Sprinkle on top of batter in pan and press down lightly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate