Pumpkin Snack Cake- If you need to satisfy your pumpkin craving, but, don’t want to make a huge dessert, this cake is just what you need! A moist pumpkin cake that takes just a few minutes to whip up and can be topped with anything your heart desires.
📌 Pin it for Later:
- Flour + Salt+ Baking soda + Ground cinnamon
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Brown sugar
- Pumpkin puree
Brown Sugar: If you wish, this can replaced with coconut palm sugar or regular white sugar.
Pumpkin Puree: Be sure it’s pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling.
How to Make:
- First, whisk together your dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar. Then, add in egg.
- Once it’s fully combined, add in the dry ingredients. Simply mix it until no dry spots are left in the batter…don’t over mix.
- Spread the batter into a greased pan.
- If desired, you can top your batter with chocolate chips. However, if you don’t want to use them, feel free to omit them.
- You can also leave it plain, top with chopped pecans/walnuts/almonds or bake it plain and frost once it’s fully cooled. Your choice!
Storage: Keep any leftovers in a covered container. The cake doesn’t need to be refrigerated. However, be sure to not keep it any longer than a couple of days, for freshness.
Freezing: Yes, you can freeze this cake. Keep it stored in a freezer safe, covered container/storage bag. Eat within 2-4 months.
🎃 More Pumpkin Recipes!
- Pumpkin Cake for Two
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Pecan Toffee Bars
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar. Then, add in egg. Beat to combine.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Don't over mix batter.
- Spread into prepared pan. If desired, sprinkle top with chocolate chips.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate