Pumpkin Snack Cake- If you need to satisfy your pumpkin craving, but, don’t want to make a huge dessert, this cake is just what you need! A moist pumpkin cake that takes just a few minutes to whip up and can be topped with anything your heart desires.
📌 Pin it for Later:
- Flour + Salt+ Baking soda + Ground cinnamon
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Brown sugar
- Pumpkin puree
Brown Sugar: If you wish, this can replaced with coconut palm sugar or regular white sugar.
Pumpkin Puree: Be sure it’s pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling.
How to Make:
- First, whisk together your dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar. Then, add in egg.
- Once it’s fully combined, add in the dry ingredients. Simply mix it until no dry spots are left in the batter…don’t over mix.
- Spread the batter into a greased pan.
- If desired, you can top your batter with chocolate chips. However, if you don’t want to use them, feel free to omit them.
- You can also leave it plain, top with chopped pecans/walnuts/almonds or bake it plain and frost once it’s fully cooled. Your choice!
Storage: Keep any leftovers in a covered container. The cake doesn’t need to be refrigerated. However, be sure to not keep it any longer than a couple of days, for freshness.
Freezing: Yes, you can freeze this cake. Keep it stored in a freezer safe, covered container/storage bag. Eat within 2-4 months.
🎃 More Pumpkin Recipes!
- Pumpkin Cake for Two
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Pecan Toffee Bars
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar. Then, add in egg. Beat to combine.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Don't over mix batter.
- Spread into prepared pan. If desired, sprinkle top with chocolate chips.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate