Monster Cookie Cupcakes- – Soft peanut butter cupcakes topped with a fun “monster cookie” dough.
The classic combination of oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chips and chocolate coated candies (M & M’s).
- Flour +Salt+ Baking powder
- Peanut butter
- Egg whites + Vanilla
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Old fashion oats
- Mini chocolate chips + Mini chocolate coated candies ( M & M’s or equivalent)
I recommend using a “regular” peanut butter instead of a natural version due to the excess oil. This goes for the cupcakes, as well as the topping.
I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but, regular dairy milk will work just fine. However, the nutritional information in the recipe card may differ.
- If you have any leftover topping, it’s a great dip! Use it for cookies, graham crackers or fruit. Just be sure to store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- Your topping will be thick. You won’t really be frosting these…simply scoop about a tablespoon of the topping and place it gently on top of your completely cooled cupcakes.
- If your dough has been refrigerated, I do recommend letting it come to room temperture before using.
Do I Have to Top These with Cookie Dough?
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- dash of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
For the Topping:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 TBSP flour
- 1 cup old fashion oats
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate coated candies (M&M's)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 count muffin/cupcake pan with liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.In a mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add in peanut butter, vanilla and egg whites. Beat until combined.
- Gradually, add in flour mixture and milk. Alternating between the two. Mix until just combined. Divide batter evenly into pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely before adding topping.
MAKE THE TOPPING:
- Beat cream cheese, butter and peanut butter until fluffy. Then, add in powdered sugar, brown sugar and flour. Beat until fully combined. Stir in oats, chocolate chips and chocolate coated candies. Refrigerate until you are ready to use.
- When ready, scoop about a tablespoon of topping and place on top of a cooled cupcake and press down lightly. Refrigerate any leftovers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 422Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 282mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 3gSugar: 27gProtein: 8g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate