Skillet Monster Cookie- A giant peanut butter and oatmeal cookies baked up in your skillet. It’s also loaded with chocolate chips and M & M candies…the classic “monster cookie” flavor combination!
- Flour + Baking soda + Baking powder
- Salt + Ground cinnamon
- Brown sugar
- Old fashion oats
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
- Mini M&M candies
- Peanut Butter: You can use regular or natural peanut butter for this one. However, if you use natural peanut butter, you may need to add a smidgen ( about a tablespoon) more flour to abosorb the extra oil.
Can I Use Quick Oats?
- Yes. However, quick oats will absorb liquid quicker than the old fashion oats. Therefore, if you use the quick oats, cut back your baking time a few minutes.
Additional Recipe Notes
- I used a 10 inch iron skillet for our cookie ( see recipe card for brand). You don’t need to use an iron skillet for this, but, it has to be oven safe and anywhere from 9-10 inches in size.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container. You don’t need to refrigerate the cookie, unless the weather is very hot/humid in your area.
Love the Monster Combo? Try my Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Monster Cookie Dough Topping!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups old fashion oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled, + 1 tablespoon for skillet
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- splash of vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini M & M candies, plus additional for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Over low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a oven safe, 9-10 inch skillet. Swirl it around to coat pan. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat peanut butter, brown sugar and melted butter. Add in eggs and vanilla. Beat to fully combined. Add in flour mixture and beat until fully mixed. Stir in chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of candies.
- Spread the batter into prepared pan and sprinkle the top with additional candies.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Let the cookie cool for about 30 minutes before serving.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 678Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 411mgCarbohydrates: 81gFiber: 5gSugar: 50gProtein: 13g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate