Avocado Brownies with a Peanut Butter Swirl- – A whole bunch of chocolate-lovin’ goodness packed into a simple brownie. Pureed avocado gives these a moist texture and they are sweetened with honey, instead of regular sugar!
It’s FriYay! Time for brownies. 🍫 Super fudgy brownies that are still keeping with our no refined sugar posts this month.
- Avocado: Be sure it’s soft, fresh, and ripe. Nothing is worse than a dry avocado that won’t puree. Trust me, I know this firsthand. 😉
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Flour : I used whole wheat for ours, but, regular white flour will do just fine.
- Salt+ Baking powder+ Vanilla
- Additional for swirl: Creamy peanut
- The peanut butter swirl is optional. If you don’t wish to add it, they are delicious without it. If peanut butter isn’t your thing, swirl it with salted caramel sauce or chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella) instead!
- You could also add any multitude of mix ins: chocolate chips, nuts, cookie bits, M & M’s, pretzels, potato chips…just about anything you heart desires.
Alternate way of mixing: The recipe instructions are to mix all the ingredients in your food processor. If you don’t have one, you can simple puree the avocado with your blender or stick blender. Then, in a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, honey and puree. Add in dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. Then, continue recipe as stated.
- 1 ripened avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- dash of salt
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBSP creamy peanut butter
- 2 TBSP honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- In a food processor, blend avocado pieces until smooth. Then, add in eggs, honey and vanilla. Blend until combined. Add in cocoa powder, salt, flour and baking powder. Blend until completely combined and smooth.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut and honey . Then, spoon randomly on top of brownie dough. Swirl with knife.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.Cool for about 30 minutes before serving.
- peanut butter swirl is optional
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate