Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies : Soft cookies loaded with peanut butter, two kinds of baking chips and pretzels. Total cookie love.
In my many years of food blogging, I have come across so many recipes.
I bookmark quite a few, make quite a few and post quite a few. But, to be really honest, there are more than a few that I make and then, well, forget about.
This recipe I discovered way back in the first few months of blogging and guys, this is one recipe I have not forgot about.
A quick breakdown:
- ✓ Dark chocolate
- ✓ Peanut butter
- ✓ Chocolate chips
- ✓ Peanut butter chips
- ✓ Pretzels
- ✓Coarse sea salt
They are over the top good.
What Supplies Do I Need? Cookie sheets, parchment paper or silicone baking mats, medium size bowl +whisk, electric mixer + mixing bowl, measuring cups/spoons and silicone/rubber spatula.
A few recipe notes:
- This recipe does call for dark cocoa powder (see recipe card for the product I used). It gives the cookies a nice chocolaty flavor, but, if you need to, regular cocoa powder can be used.
- If you don’t have any coarse sea salt, regular will work, but, the salt taste may not be as strong.
- Once fully mixed, your batter will be thick. Use a good silicone/rubber spatula to stir in baking chips & pretzels. It will make the process a bit easier.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup pretzels, roughly chopped/broken
- coarse sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment or mats.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter with sugars until fluffy. Then, add in eggs, peanut butter and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Gradually, add in flour mixture and beat until fully combined. Your batter will be thick.
- Stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips, plus, pretzels.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on baking sheets
- If desired, sprinkle tops with coarse sea salt.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, should still be soft in center. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate