Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies : Soft cookies loaded with peanut butter, two kinds of baking chips and pretzels. Total cookie love.
In my many years of food blogging, I have come across so many recipes.
I bookmark quite a few, make quite a few and post quite a few. But, to be really honest, there are more than a few that I make and then, well, forget about.
This recipe I discovered way back in the first few months of blogging and guys, this is one recipe I have not forgot about.
A quick breakdown:
- ✓ Dark chocolate
- ✓ Peanut butter
- ✓ Chocolate chips
- ✓ Peanut butter chips
- ✓ Pretzels
- ✓Coarse sea salt
They are over the top good.
What Supplies Do I Need? Cookie sheets, parchment paper or silicone baking mats, medium size bowl +whisk, electric mixer + mixing bowl, measuring cups/spoons and silicone/rubber spatula.
A few recipe notes:
- This recipe does call for dark cocoa powder (see recipe card for the product I used). It gives the cookies a nice chocolaty flavor, but, if you need to, regular cocoa powder can be used.
- If you don’t have any coarse sea salt, regular will work, but, the salt taste may not be as strong.
- Once fully mixed, your batter will be thick. Use a good silicone/rubber spatula to stir in baking chips & pretzels. It will make the process a bit easier.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup pretzels, roughly chopped/broken
- coarse sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment or mats.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter with sugars until fluffy. Then, add in eggs, peanut butter and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Gradually, add in flour mixture and beat until fully combined. Your batter will be thick.
- Stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips, plus, pretzels.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on baking sheets
- If desired, sprinkle tops with coarse sea salt.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, should still be soft in center. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate