Apple Butter Bars with Cinnamon Glaze- Soft bars made with apple butter topped with a simple cinnamon glaze. Plus, no refined sugar!
More fall flavor coming at you guys today- -apple butter & cinnamon!
What ingredients are needed?
- Flour + Baking soda+ Ground cinnamon
- Apple butter
- Coconut palm sugar
What is Coconut Palm Sugar? Coconut palm sugar is a natural sugar that comes from coconut palm sap. While it still is sugar, it is less refined/processed than white sugar. It also has a lower glycemic index.
A few recipe notes:
- If you don’t have any coconut palm sugar on hand, you can use regular brown sugar instead.
- Your glaze will seem really drippy at first, but, it will firm up as it cools.
- Topping these with your favorite chopped nuts is a great option. Just be sure to add them before the glaze sets.
- Want to add a bit more cinnamon flavor to your bars! Stir a handful of cinnamon baking chips into your batter before spreading it into the pan.
- FOR BARS:
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 3 TBSP butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- FOR GLAZE:
- 2 TBSP butter, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 TBSP milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add in egg and apple butter. Mix to combined. Add in flour, baking soda and ground cinnamon and mix just until combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 15-20 minutes. Let bars cool about 30 minutes before topping with glaze.
- To make glaze: Whisk melted butter with coconut palm sugar and ground cinnamon until smooth. Add in milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread glaze on top of bars. If desired top with chopped pecans or walnuts before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate