Cream Cheese Mints- Just three ingredients for these fun homemade candies! Enjoy them as a mint or add your favorite flavored extract. A great homemade gift idea!
I love making these candies each holiday season. Not only are they delicious and easy to make, they make a great homemade gift for giving.
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Mint extract
- Food coloring
Do These Have to Be Mint Flavored?
Honestly, nope. Traditionally, these are made with mint or peppermint extract. Which, yes does give these a great seasonal flavor. I have even made these plain and everyone likes them! So, go with your favorite flavored extract!
Coloring these is totally optional. If you desire, add a few drops of food coloring when mixing the dough to make them your favorite color.
Pin it for Later!
- Once fully mixed, your dough should be about the consistency of play dough. If it seems too sticky, add a smidgen more of powdered sugar to the mix.
- Same for the opposite. If the dough is too dry, add a bit more cream cheese.
Once your candies have set/dried, store them in covered container or a storage bag in the refrigerator or the freezer.
More Homemade Candy to Try
linking up and weekend potluck
Cream Cheese Candies
Cream Cheese Candies- Just three ingredients for this fun homemade candies! Enjoy them plain or add your favorite flavored extract for a sweet, low fat treat.
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 TBSP butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar, plus additional for baking sheet
- 1/2- 1 tsp mint extract ( or your favorite flavor)
- food coloring
- Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly dust the parchment with powdered sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Gradually, mix in powdered sugar and mix until dough forms. Add in any extract for taste and food coloring. Mix to combine.
- Pinch off a piece of dough and roll into a small bowl. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Dip a fork into a bit of powdered sugar and press down lightly into the dough. Repeat with remaining candies.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set. Keep leftovers in refrigerator or freezer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 0g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate