Cream Cheese Candies- Just three ingredients for this fun homemade candies! Enjoy them plain or add your favorite flavored extract for a sweet, low fat treat.
I love making these candies each holiday season. Not only are they delicious and easy to make, they make a great homemade gift for giving.
Just Three Ingredients:
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
What about flavoring? Quite often, these are made with mint or peppermint extract. Which, yes does give these a great seasonal flavor. However, we like these plain. So, enjoy them plain or add a few drops of your favorite flavored extract when making the dough.
Coloring? Coloring these is totally optional. If you desire, add a few drops of food coloring when mixing the dough to make them your favorite color.
Storage? Once your candies have set/dried, store them in covered container or a storage bag in the refrigerator or the freezer.
A few recipe notes:
- Once fully mixed, your dough should be about the consistency of play dough. If it seems too sticky, add a smidgen more of powdered sugar to the mix.
- Same for the opposite. If the dough is too dry, add a bit more cream cheese.
More Homemade Candy ♡
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 TBSP butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar, plus additional for baking sheet
- food coloring
- Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly dust the parchment with powdered sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Gradually, mix in powdered sugar and mix until dough forms. Add in any extract for taste and food coloring. Mix to combine.
- Pinch off a piece of dough and roll into a small bowl. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Dip a fork into a bit of powdered sugar and press down lightly into the dough. Repeat with remaining candies.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set. Keep leftovers in refrigerator or freezer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 0g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate