Oreo Pudding Poke Cake- -Meet your new favorite potluck dessert! Chocolate cake poked and filled with creamy pudding, then, topped with whipped cream and Oreo cookies.
- Chocolate cake mix + ingredients called for on box
- Cookies and creme instant pudding mix
- Cold milk
- Whipped topping
- Chocolate sandwich cookies
Cake Mix: Any brand or chocolate variety will work. Just be sure to stick with a “standard” size box of cake mix. Anywhere from 15-18 oz is fine.
Pudding: If you can’t find Cookies and Creme instant pudding, you can use chocolate or vanilla as a replacement. Just be sure it’s instant pudding mix.
Chocolate Sandwich Cookies: Oreo cookies are a brand equivalent.
Whipped Topping: AKA ” Cool Whip ” You can use use any brand and variety ( ex: fat free, low fat, etc) Looking for a vegan/keto/non gmo version? Truwhip has some great options!
How to Make:
- Bake the chocolate cake according to package directions. Then, while it’s still warm, poke it! Gently poke holes in the cake with the end of a wooden spoon. Go ahead and do this all over the top of the cake.
- Make the instant pudding and then, spread it on top of the poked cake. The pudding will soak into the cake and give it an extra creamy taste. So, leave it sit in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to soak in.
- Finally, top it off with whipped topping and crushed Oreo cookies.
A look back:
- Salted Chocolate Tart
- Nutella Brownies
- Skillet Peanut Butter Toffee Cookie
- Dark Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Cookies
- Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake
linking up and weekend potluck
Peanut Butter Oreo Pie
Peanut Butter Oreo Pie- No baking needed for this creamy gem. Peanut butter, whipped topping and cream cheese make up the filling and it's all whipped up on top of an Oreo cookie crust!
Oreo Sweet Rolls
Oreo Sweet Rolls- Soft, gooey rolls packed full of chocolate Oreo cookies and topped with a sweet powdered sugar glaze.
Cookies and Cream Macarons
Cookies and Cream Macarons- Change up your cookie baking routine and make a few macarons. They are light as air made with the fun additional of chocolate sandwich cookies and creamy filling. The classic cookies and cream combination!
Easy Oreo Mousse
Easy Oreo Mousse- Just 3 ingredients for this fluffy, no bake dessert!
Oreo Poke Cake
Meet your new favorite potluck dessert! This poke cake is simple, delicious and perfect to feed a crowd.
- 1 pkg chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients called for on box)
- 2 (4.2-oz) boxes Jell-O Oreo Cookies 'n Creme Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (8-oz) pkg whipped topping (like Cool Whip), thawed
- 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies
- Prepare cake according to package directions in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- With the end of a wooden spoon, gently poke holes in the top of the warm cake. Be sure to poke the entire top of the cake.
- In a large bowl whisk together dry pudding mix and cold milk. Let the mixture sit for 5 to 8 minutes to thicken.
- Spread pudding on top of warm cake. Be sure to cover the entire top of the cake and gently push the pudding into the holes.
- Refrigerate cake for 30 minutes to an hour for the pudding to soak into the cake.
- Spread the whipped topping over the pudding. Top with crushed Oreo cookies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate
Tuesday 15th of June 2021
Yummy! You can never go wrong with anything Oreo in our house. Pinned.
Wednesday 16th of June 2021
Same here Joanne :) Thanks for the pin!