Oreo Sweet Rolls- Soft, gooey rolls packed full of chocolate Oreo cookie crumbs and topped with a sweet powdered sugar glaze.
How do you make gooey sweet rolls even better? Easy…fill them with Oreo cookies!
- Flour + Salt + Baking Soda + Baking Powder
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Oreo cookies
- Powdered sugar
Oreo Cookies: Feel free to use your favorite brand of chocolate sandwich cookies. You will need 1 cup of cookie crumbs. This should be about 1 row of cookies in a family size package.
No Plain Greek Yogurt on Hand? Feel free to replace it with sour cream or a neutral tasting oil.
How to Make Oreo Sweet Rolls:
First, whisk together your wet ingredients. Make sure your butter is melted, then, cooled a bit before mixing. Set aside.
Then, in another mixing bowl, mix together your dry ingredients. Next, you are going to add your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients. Mix them just until dough forms. Note: You can use your electric mixer for this.
Add a bit of flour to your work surface and roll out the dough into a rectangle. It doesn’t have to be a perfect rectangle, but, try to make it about 1/8 inches thick. Spread that rectangle of dough with melted butter, and cookie crumbs.
Then, roll the dough into a cylinder shape. Make sure it’s rolled tightly and slice the roll into 12 individual rolls.
Place the rolls on your baking pan and bake. Then, let them cool just about 10 minutes (hot!) and top with glaze and the remaining cookie crumbs.
Love Oreos? Try These Too:
Please note: This recipe was originally shared in 2020. It was re-shared with updated text/recipe/photos in 2022.
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- dash of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 TBSP butter, melted
- approx 1 cup of Oreo cookie crumbs
- 4 TBSP butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 TBSP milk
- additional cookie crumbs, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 13 x 9 baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together melted 1/4 cup butter, yogurt, milk and vanilla. Set aside. In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add in butter/milk mixture and beat until dough forms.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough into a rectangle, about 1/8″ thick.
- Spread surface with 2 TBSP melted butter. Then, sprinkle with cookie crumbs.
- Roll dough tightly and then, slice into 12 individual rolls. Place them in a prepared baking pan Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Mix ingredients for glaze in a bowl until smooth. Drizzle or frost warm rolls and garnish with additional Oreo cookie crumbs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 433mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate