Oreo Sweet Rolls- Soft, gooey rolls packed full of chocolate Oreo cookies and topped with a sweet powdered sugar glaze.
How do you make gooey sweet rolls even better? Easy…fill them with Oreo cookies!
- Flour + Salt+Baking Soda+ Baking Powder
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Brown sugar
- Oreo cookies
- Powdered sugar
Oreo Cookies: Feel free to use your favorite brand of chocolate sandwich cookies.
For the Filling: You want your cookies in pieces, not crumbs. I simply took a few cookies and crushed them with my hand. You will use about 2 cups of them for the filling. Using a bit less is OK, but, be sure not too many. You don’t want them falling all over the place when the dough is rolled.
How to Make Oreo Sweet Rolls:
First, whisk together your wet ingredients. Make sure your butter is melted, then, cooled a bit before mixing. Set aside.
Then, in another mixing bowl, mix together your dry ingredients. Next, you are going to add your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients. Mix them just until dough forms. Note: You can use your electric mixer for this.
Add a bit of flour to your work surface and roll out the dough into a rectangle. It doesn’t have to be a perfect rectangle, but, try to make it about 1/8 inches thick. Spread that rectangle of dough with melted butter, brown sugar and Oreo cookie pieces.
Then, roll the dough into a cylinder shape. Make sure it’s rolled tightly and slice the roll into 12 individual rolls.
Place the rolls on your baking pan and bake. Then, let them cool just about 10 minutes (hot!) and top with glaze and a few additional cookie pieces.
- FOR ROLLS:
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- dash of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 TBSP butter, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- approx 2 cups chopped Oreo cookies
- 4 TBSP butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 TBSP milk
- additional chopped Oreo cookies for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 13 x 9 baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together melted 1/4 cup butter, yogurt, milk and vanilla. Set aside. In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add in butter/milk mixture and beat until dough forms.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough into a rectangle, about 1/8″ thick.
- Spread surface with 2 TBSP melted butter. Then, sprinkle with brown sugar and Oreo cookie pieces.
- Roll dough tightly and then, slice into 12 individual rolls. Place them in a prepared baking pan Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Mix ingredients for glaze in a bowl until smooth. Drizzle or frost warm rolls and garnish with additional Oreo cookie pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 480Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 558mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 7g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate