Chocolate Cupcakes: No Refined Sugar- Delicious chocolate cupcakes topped with a creamy buttercream frosting. No refined sugar in either!
Cupcakes! The very best baked good out there. Especially, when they are chocolate. 😉
- Flour + Salt+ Baking powder
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Plain Greek yogurt
Flour: White or White Whole Wheat can both be used
Coconut oil: If desired, melted butter can be used as a substitute.
Milk: Regular dairy milk or almond milk are both ok to use.
No Maple Syrup on Hand? Go with honey instead.
Frosting: I have provided a link to the recipe card used in these photos. It contains no refined sugar and is really quick to make. Of course, feel free to use your favorite chocolate ( or any flavor) frosting for these.
Chocolate Cupcake Lover? Try These Too!
- Hot Cocoa Cupcakes
- German Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes with Chocolate Filling
- Chocolate Spinach Cupcakes
- 100 Calories Chocolate Cupcakes
- Rolo Cupcakes
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 2 TBSP coconut oil, melted, then, cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 count muffin/cupcake pan or line with papers.
- In a bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together oil, eggs and vanilla. Add in yogurt and maple syrup and beat until combined. Gradually, add in flour mixture and milk, alternating between the two. Mix until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- cupcakes adapted from Amy's Healthy Baking
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 119mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate