This Salted Chocolate Tart is a decadent treat for any chocolate lover. A smooth filling with an Oreo cookie crust that is a snap to make and only requires five ingredients.
Be warned: Serious chocolate overload in today’s post. 🍫 🍫 🍫
We have ⇢ a chocolate tart with an Oreo cookie crust, then, it’s topped with coarse sea salt. Goodness, it’s good.
It’s also really easy to make and is just right for an extra special dessert treat. Or dessert on a regular Monday evening.
Your choice. 😉
Just Five Ingredients are Needed:
- Oreo cookies
- Chocolate chips
- Whipping cream
- Coarse sea salt
How to Make a Chocolate Salted Tart:
Make Your Crust: This crust is simply Oreo cookie crust. No, you don’t have to use the “Oreo” brand of chocolate sandwich cookies, any brand equivalent will work.
Bake Your Crust: Actually, this is optional. After pressing the crust into the tart pan, you can refrigerate for an hour or place the crust in the freezer to set for about 30 minutes.
For me personally, I find that baking the crust works better. Don’t worry about overheating your kitchen in the warm months, it only bakes for 5-6 minutes. Just be sure to let it cool before adding the filling.
Add the filling: In a saucepan, melt the butter with whipping cream. You just want this to come to a light boil. This should only take a few minutes. Keep a close eye on it…you don’t want it to burn!
Mix the melted butter/whipping mixture with chocolate chips. Then, whisk until it’s smooth and fully melted. Note: I used dark chocolate chips for mine, but, regular milk chocolate will also work.
Carefully (hot!) pour the melted chocolate into your cooled crust and spread it evenly.
Setting: Let is sit for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator before serving. You can even let it set overnight.
Serving: Sprinkle with coarse sea salt beforehand. If you have some “I don’t like salt on my desserts” people in your life (which I do), you can simply sprinkle individual pieces instead of the whole tart.
The tart pan: You can find a link to the pan in the below recipe card. It’s a 9 inch pan with a removable bottom.
- FOR CRUST:
- 24 Oreo cookies ( or brand equivalent)
- 6 TBSP butter, melted
- FOR FILLING:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- coarse sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add Oreo cookies into your blender or food processor, and mix until they are fine crumbs.
- Add crumbs to a bowl and mix with 6 tablespoons of melted butter. Be sure the crumbs and butter are fully mixed and crumbs are moist.
- Press crumbs firmly into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch tart pan.
- Bake for 6 minutes to set. Remove from oven and let the crust cool.
- Place chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl. Then, melt butter and whipping cream in a saucepan. Let the mixture come to a slight boil, then, remove from heat. Carefully, pour it over the chocolate chips. Whisk the mixture until the chocolate chips are completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the cooled crust. Spread evenly and then, refrigerate for at least 2-4 hours to set.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt before serving.
- Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 227mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 3gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate