Dark Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Cookies: Satisfy your chocolate craving and get a bit of your veggies. Soft dark chocolate cookies filled with chocolate chunks, zucchini and drizzled with even more chocolate. These are too good to pass up!
A few years ago, I made Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread.
My youngest ( age 9) fell absolutely head over heels in love with it. He loved it so much, he has used any loose coins on his possession and bought zucchini with it. Just so we can make the bread together.
Mind you, if I have given this child a serving of zucchini any other way, he would turn his nose up at it.
Today’s lesson : If you want your kid to get a few extra veggies, mix them in chocolate . 😉
Instead of making bread with our latest batch of zucchini, we made these Dark Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Cookies.
Holy Moly. These are good.
The Ingredients List:
- Baking soda + salt
- Dark chocolate cocoa powder (regular can also be used)
- Brown sugar
- Chocolate chunks + chocolate chips
- Coarse sea salt (optional)
For the Zucchini: You will need 1 cup of shredded zucchini. This should be about a medium size zucchini. Also, there’s no need to remove the skin. Shred the whole thing.
After shredding, roll the zucchini in a clean dish towel and roll it up. Give is a good squeeze and remove any excess liquid. This is best done over your sink. 👍
My Chocolate Drizzle: I totally cheated with my chocolate drizzle and used a candy melt pack ( find link in below recipe card). The whole pack can be microwaved, then, you just cut the corner and use. I love them. But, you can also just microwave about a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in a bowl until smooth and drizzle with a spoon.
Coarse Sea Salt: Totally optional, but, does give an extra awesomeness to these.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 6 TBSP butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, well drained.
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- coarse sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or slip mats.
- In a bowl, whisk together, flour, baking soda,cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar with melted butter. Then, add in egg yolk, vanilla and zucchini. Mix until combined.
- Add in flour mixture and mix until fully combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop dough, by the tablespoons on prepared baking sheet. If desired, sprinkle tops with coarse sea salt.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until set.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing. Then, cool cookies completely on wire rack.
- Melt chocolate chips until smooth. Then, drizzle on cookies while cooling on wire rack.
- Adapted from how sweet eats
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3224Total Fat: 155gSaturated Fat: 92gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 48gCholesterol: 406mgSodium: 2112mgCarbohydrates: 432gFiber: 22gSugar: 272gProtein: 44g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate