Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake! Is it for breakfast? Is it for brunch? Is it for dessert? Yes, it’s for all of the above. It’s soft, sweet and goes perfect with a cup of tea (or coffee!).
Is coffee cake just for breakfast or brunch?
I think the answer to that is a pretty firm ‘no’. You can eat it for dessert or for a snack. I know that’s what I do.
Heck, you’re an adult (yes?), you can also eat it for lunch or dinner. Yes, I’ve don’t that too. Don’t tell my kids.
I didn’t even drink coffee with it. But, it did go well with my cup of tea. 😉
Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake– Soft, sweet and topped with a fantaboulus crunchy cinnamon streusel.
Here is your List of Supplies:
- 9 inch cake pan + butter or non stick cooking spray for greasing
- Electric mixer + mixing bowl
- 2 additional medium size bowls.
- Rubber spatula
- Measuring cups/spoons
Let’s make a coffee cake!
Make your batter: Be sure your butter is softened, and you don’t over mix your batter. Also, if you don’t have plain Greek yogurt, you can replace it with sour cream.
Spread it evenly into the prepared 9 inch baking pan. You can use a round pan or square. Just be sure to grease it well.
Make your streusel topping: Mix the dry ingredients first. Then, add in your melted butter. Take a fork and keep mixing until large moist crumbs form. This should take you just a few minutes.
Sprinkle on top on the batter and bake.
Let it cool a bit, then, make your icing. Drizzle, drizzle and drizzle, some more.
It’s best served warm-
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 6 TBSP butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TBSP milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Then, add in egg, yogurt and vanilla. Mix until combined. Finally, add in flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and ground cinnamon. Beat until just combined.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- In a bowl, toss together brown sugar, sugar, ground cinnamon, salt and flour for topping. Mix in melted butter and continue mixing with a fork until moist crumbs form.
- Sprinkle topping evenly on top of batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for 15-20 minutes before removing from pan.
- To make icing, whisk together powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Drizzle on cooled cake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4554Total Fat: 217gSaturated Fat: 134gTrans Fat: 8gUnsaturated Fat: 66gCholesterol: 749mgSodium: 2716mgCarbohydrates: 599gFiber: 12gSugar: 351gProtein: 65g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate