Lemon Curd Blondies- Soft bars made with lemon curd and fresh lemon zest. A simple and perfect dessert for any lemon lover.
OK, this is it. My final lemon recipe for the season. Maybe.
These blondies are just so darn good, not to mention, easy to make. I couldn’t not share them.
What’s the difference between Lemon Blondies and Lemon Bars?
- A few weeks ago, I shared a recipe for Lemon Buttermilk Bars. These blondies are made with over a cup of flour and lemon curd. The bars are made with fresh lemon juice and just two tablespoons of flour. These blondies have a much firmer and cake like texture. The both have great lemon flavor, but, the bars do a bit more of the lemon tart to them. Whereas the blondies, have a more of a subtle taste of lemon.
- Flour + Salt+ Baking powder
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Lemon zest
- Lemon curd
Butter: Be sure it’s softened!
Lemon Zest: If you don’t have a fresh lemon on hand, you can omit the zest. It does give it quite a bit more lemon flavor, but, the blondies are still delicious without them. If desired, you can add in a teaspoon of lemon juice or lemon extract to enhance the lemon flavor instead.
What is Lemon Curd?
- It’s a fruit spread that is similar to a jelly or jam. The difference is the cooking process. Curds are made from cooking down the fruit juice with sugar. A jam or jelly are made from the entire fruit.
- You can find lemon curd in your grocery store. I have seen it stocked in the jelly section in some stores, but, in the baking section in others. If you can’t find it, definitely ask the store. If all else fails, check online (see recipe card!)
- Plus, good news! You can also make lemon curd homemade.
Storing Your Bars:
- I recommend storing your leftovers in the refrigerator in a covered container/dish. Especially, if the weather is hot or humid in your area.
A look back:
- No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- Classic Pound Cake
- Yeast Raised Sugar Doughnuts
- Banana Walnut Caramel Pie
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- dash of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs, lemon curd and lemon zest. Beat to combine.
- Add in flour mixture and mix until it's fully combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.
- Let bars cool for about 15-30 minutes before cutting.
- adapted by baked by rachel
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g