Candy Cane Pudding Parfaits – -Creamy white chocolate pudding layered with Oreo cookie crumbs and a cream cheese filling. It’s also loaded up with peppermint candy canes…perfect for the season!
- White chocolate instant pudding
- Oreo cookie crumbs
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped topping
- Crushed peppermint candy canes
Oreo Cookie Crumbs
For the amount of crumbs you need, this should be about 15-18 cookies. If you can buy the crumbs pre made…go for it!
If desired, you can use milk chocolate or dark chocolate variety instead of the white chocolate. Just be sure it’s instant pudding, not cook and serve.
AKA “Cool Whip”. Any brand/variety will work. It’s just has to be thawed.
Peppermint Candy Canes
Like the cookies, these need to be crushed. About 6-7 candy canes is what you will need. Again, if you want to buy a bag of pre made crushed peppermint candies, they will work.
How to Crush Your Candy Canes & Cookies
There are a few ways to do this. First, in your food processor. Next, in your standing blender.
If you don’t have either of these appliances, you can use a plastic storage bag ( AKA “Ziploc bag”). Place the cookies (or candy canes) in the bag and seal it well. Be sure there is no air in the bag.
Next, with a rolling pin or large can, break the cookies/candies up until crumbs form. Don’t be too aggressive doing this. Medium force should work fine. Once you have broken them up as much as possible in the bag, pour them into a bowl. Once they are in the bowl, you can break them up with your fingers.
I filled 5- 8 oz jars with this filling. See recipe card for product. However, you can build you layers in a 8 inch baking dish, trifle dish or in smaller/larger size individual bowls/jars. Whatever works best for you.
Mine are topped with regular whipped topping. However, I did dye it for fun.
Candy Cane Garnish
If you desire to garnish your parfaits with additional candy cane pieces, do this right before serving. The pieces may melt a bit if they sit on the topping for too long.
Try These Too!
- 3.4 oz instant white chocolate pudding
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs + additional for topping (approx 15-18 cookies)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz whipped topping, thawed- will be divided
- 1./2 peppermint candy canes, crushed + additional for topping (approx 6-7 regular size candy canes)
- In a bowl, whisk together dry pudding mix with milk. Refrigerate it for 5 minutes to thicken.
- While the pudding is thickening, beat the softened cream cheese with the powdered sugar. Beat until fully combined and smooth. Then, fold half of the whipped topping and the crushed candies.
- On the bottom layer, spread the cookies crumbs. Then, add a layer of pudding. Next, a layer of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat the layers.
- Top it off with the remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Sprinkle with additional crushed candies and cookie crumbs before serving.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.