Banana Walnut Caramel Pie- An easy crust-free banana custard pie topped with dreamy caramel sauce, whipped topping and crunchy walnuts. It’s pretty amazing….don’t miss it!
A few months ago, I shared a recipe for a crustless custard pie and immediately fell in love with the whole “no crust” pie option.
Don’t get me wrong, I love a flaky pie crust, but, pie crust perfecting is still something that I”m working on. Today, we are crust free and believe me, you won’t miss it with this one.
- Bananas with a splash of lemon juice
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Biscuit mix ( ex: Bisquick)
- For Topping: Whipped topping ( ex Cool Whip/Truwhip), caramel sauce and chopped walnuts
Don’t Want to Buy a Whole Box of Biscuit Mix?
- Make it homemade.
Homemade Caramel Sauce
- If you don’t want to use a store bought whipped topping, you can also use whipped cream.
Don’t Like Walnuts?
- Pecans are a great substitute!
A baking tip
- Place your pie plate on a flat rimmed baking sheet for baking. This makes moving the pie around much easier and a great way to avoid spilling any pie batter.
- 1 cup mashed bananas ( approx 2-3 medium size bananas)
- splash of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup biscuit mix ( ex: Bisquick)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 TBSP butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whipped topping ( ex: Cool Whip)
- 1/4- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch pie plate.
- In mixing bowl, add mashed bananas and lemon juice. Let them sit for 3-5 minutes. Then, add in remaining pie ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pie plate. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and let the pie cool for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Then, place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until serving.
- Before serving, spread top of pie with whipped topping, drizzle with caramel sauce and top with chopped walnuts.
- Keep leftovers in refrigerator. ,
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 443Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 231mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 2gSugar: 52gProtein: 10g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate