Classic Pound Cake- -A buttery loaf of deliciousness!
You need a good, classic pound cake recipe in your collection? This one fits the bill perfectly!
Supplies Needed: 9 inch loaf pan + your preferred method of greasing the pan. A medium size bowl, a, whisk, and a larger mixing bowl with an electric mixer. Of course, you will also need measuring cups & spoons
List of Ingredients:
- Flour + Salt + Baking powder
- Butter ( 2 sticks. Be sure they are softened!)
A few ideas to top off your pound cake:
- Blackberry Glaze
- Lemon Glaze
- Homemade Whipped Cream
- Creme fraiche Icing
- Blueberry Sauce
- Dark Chocolate Glaze
- 1 cup ( 2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan.
- In bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs, beating well after each one. Then, add in vanilla.
- Add in flour mixture and milk alternating between the two. Beat until just combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for 30 minutes, then, remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 163mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 7g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate