Cinnamon Roll Blondies- All those great cinnamon roll tastes packed into a simple blondie! They have a soft cake mix base that is topped with a cinnamon sugar topping, plus, the finishing touch is a delicious cream cheese frosting.
- Vanilla cake mix
- Brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
Cake Mix: Vanilla, yellow, white or any similar variety will work for these. Stick with a standard size box ( 15-18 oz) and you will be good to go.
Oil: A neutral tasting oil (canola/vegetable/sunflower) work best for these blondies
Shortening: I like to use Crisco butter flavored baking sticks in my frosting. Regular shortening will also work.
Brown Sugar: Coconut palm sugar can be used as a replacement.
A few recipe notes:
- Your batter will be thick! So, don’t worry if it seems, well, thick.
- If desired, you can top your blondies with chopped walnuts before serving..they go perfect together!
- Keep any leftover blondies or frosting in a covered container in the refrigerator.
More Cinnamon Recipes to Try:
- Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
- Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake
- Whole Wheat Cinnamon Scones
- One Hour Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 TBSP shortening
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, milk, egg and oil. Batter will be thick. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- In another bowl, whisk together brown sugar, melted butter and cinnamon until smooth. Spoon brown sugar mixture on top of batter. Swirl gently with a knife.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Let blondies cool completely before frosting.
- Make Frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter and shortening until fluffy. Gradually add in powdered sugar and beat until creamy.
- Frost on cooled blondies
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 531Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 559mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 1gSugar: 51gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate