Pumpkin Cake for Two! Super soft pumpkin cake made just right for two ( or one!) people. Just a few simple ingredients and your pumpkin craving is satisfied in a snap.
A few months back, I shared a recipe for Lemon Meringue Pie for One. I used the exact same dish for that pie, that I’m using today for this cake.
But, I labeled this cake “for two”. 🤔 Why?
Probably because, I love lemon meringue pie and honestly, don’t have to share it with anyone else in my house. I do also love pumpkin cake, but, do have to share with a few members of my household.
Oh well, it doesn’t ‘matter! This cake is perfect size for one, two, or even three people. It’s also really quick to make and tastes delicious.
Your Ingredients List:
- Flour + Salt + Baking powder
- Brown sugar + White sugar
- Canola oil
- Pumpkin pie spice + Ground cinnamon
What can I use instead of pumpkin pie spice?
If you don’t have any pumpkin pie spice on hand, cloves or nutmeg are a good substitute.
What size dish will work with this recipe?
I used a 7 inch small corning ware dish. The exact size is : 7-1/2″ x 4-3/4″ x 1-1/8 ” But, a small 4-6 inch oven safe ramekin or dish will work.
Whipped cream, vanilla ice, your favorite vanilla or cream cheese frosting or whipped topping (ex: cool whip). A dusting of powdered sugar will also go well with it.
Want to make your whipped cream homemade?
It’s easy. Just check out this recipe.
Last Note: Remember– – Be sure to use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix!
MORE PUMPKIN TO EXPLORE:
- Pumpkin Pecan Toffee Bars
- Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts with Maple Glaze
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 TBSP milk
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 TBSP canola oil
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- dash of ground cinnamon
- whipped cream, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 4 to 7 inch ramekin or oven safe dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin, milk, oil, both sugars and pumpkin pie spice until fully combined. Then, fold in flour, salt, and baking powder . Spread batter into dish and sprinkle top with ground cinnamon.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool before topping with whipped cream.
- adapted from dessert for two
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate