Chocolate Peanut Butter Roll Cake- An easy chocolate rolled into a fluffy peanut butter marshmallow filling, then, topped with a creamy peanut butter frosting and chocolate drizzle. It’s heavenly!
Have you ever made a roll cake? I discovered them a few years ago and quickly became hooked on them. They are a great twist on an average cake and can be filled ( and topped) with a huge variety of flavors, plus, designs.
Today’s roll cake is chocolate and peanut butter. Some say it’s one of the best flavor combination ever. I can’t argue with that. 😉
- Flour + Salt + Baking powder
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Vanilla + Eggs
- Powdered sugar
- Marshmallow fluff
- Creamy peanut butter
Want to make it homemade? An easy recipe for you.
Be sure it’s softened.
Chocolate chips or a bar of baking chocolate will do the trick. You will need about 3/4 of a cup. Feel free to use less, if desired.
Pin it for Later!
How to Assemble Roll Cake
- Lay a clean dishtowel onto a large flat rimmed baking sheet ( it needs to be larger than the pan you are baking the cake on). Sprinkle the towel with powdered sugar…about 1/4 cup. Set aside.
- First, cover your flat rimmed baking sheet with foil. Then, spray foil with non stick cooking spray. Once your batter is made, spread it into the prepared baking sheet. Bake it and let it cool for just 5 minutes. You want the cake warm, but, don’t burn yourself.
- Immediately flip that cake on to the powdered sugar lined towel. Remove the pan and carefully peel off your foil.
- Next, carefully, roll the cake into the towel. Let it cool completely. If desired, you can also refrigerate your rolled cake until you need it, even overnight.
- When ready, unroll the cake and spread on the filling. Roll it back up and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Afterwards, frost the cake and add the drizzle.
- The peanut butter frosting will firm up quickly after it’s made. Therefore, once it’s mixed, frost your cake right away.
- If you are melting your chocolate in the microwave, do this in 30 second intervals, to prevent burning.
- Keep any leftover cake in the refrigerator.
linking up and weekend potluck
Chocolate Peanut Butter Roll Cake
Chocolate Peanut Butter Roll Cake- An easy chocolate rolled into a fluffy peanut butter marshmallow filling, then, topped with a creamy peanut butter frosting and chocolate drizzle. It's heavenly!
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- powdered sugar, for rolling cake
- 7 oz marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 TBSP creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 TBSP creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 TBSP milk
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 15 x 10 flat rimmed baking sheet with foil, then, grease the foil.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder. Set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until they are a dark yellow, about 3 minutes. Add in water, vanilla and sugar. Beat until combined. Add in flour mixture and beat until just combined. Your batter will be thin.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes or until the middle springs back when touched.
- Take a clean dish towel and lay it flat on a large flat rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle the towel with a 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- When the cake is done, immediately turn the cake on to the towel coated with powdered sugar. Remove the pan and carefully peel the foil from off the back of the cake.
- Starting at the shorter end, roll the cake tightly into the dish towel. Let the cake cool (in the towel!) completely
- Beat butter until creamy. Then, add in vanilla, peanut butter, and fluff. Beat to combine. Gradually add in powdered sugar and beat until creamy.
- When the cake is ready, carefully, unroll the cake and spread the filling. Re-roll the cake and refrigerate for about an hour before frosting.
FOR FROSTING and DRIZZLE:
- Beat peanut butter and milk until combined. Gradually, add in powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Immediately frost on cake. Your frosting will thicken/firm up as it sits. Be sure to frost while it is still fluid.
- FOR DRIZZLE: In a microwave safe bowl or saucepan, melt chocolate chips until smooth. Let it cool for 5 minutes, then, drizzle on top of frosted cake.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 591Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 243mgCarbohydrates: 99gFiber: 2gSugar: 81gProtein: 7g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate
Fiesta Friday #376 - Fiesta Friday
Friday 16th of April 2021
[…] Chocolate Peanut Butter Roll Cake […]