Soft Gingersnap Cookies No Refined Sugar! The classic cookie with a soft texture and zero refined sugar.
These gingersnaps don’t have much of a “snap”. They have a soft pillowy inside and a little sugary crunch on the outside. There is no refined sugar in these cookies, but, don’t worry, they still have that classic gingersnap flavor.
What Ingredients are Needed?
- Flour + Salt + Baking soda
- Gingersnap flavors: Ground ginger + Nutmeg + Cloves + Ground cinnamon
- Coconut palm sugar
- Raw sugar
Coconut Palm Sugar: Check out the recipe card for my favorite brand. If you don’t want to use coconut sugar, it can be replaced with regular brown sugar.
What is Raw Sugar? Raw sugar is a slightly less refined version of white granulated sugar. Organic Turbinado is made by crushing the freshly-cut sugar cane to squeeze out the juice rich in vitamins and minerals. The cane juice is evaporated and spun in a turbine to produce the large sparkling golden crystals. via Wholesome. If you wish to use regular granulated white sugar instead, it will do the job.
Don’t forget to let the cookie dough set in the fridge before baking. The dough is on the softer side and this will make it easier to work with. Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes, but, if needed, you can go longer, even overnight, if needed.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 dried cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup butter - softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- In a bowl, whisk flour,ginger,cinnamon,salt, nutmeg, cloves and baking soda. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat butter and coconut sugar until fluffy. Add in egg. Mix until combine. Add in molasses.
- Add in flour mixture gradually and beat until well incorporated. Cover dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop approx 1 TBSP of dough, roll into a ball and coat in raw sugar. Place on cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies sit for 5 minutes, then, remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 136mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate