Butterscotch Pudding Cookies- Soft and chewy cookies made with a standard cake mix and instant pudding mix. The butterscotch flavor is just right for fall!
- Vanilla cake mix
- Butterscotch instant pudding mix
- Butterscotch baking chips
Cake Mix: This will actually work with any flavor cake mix, so, you can pick any flavor you wish. Just be sure to stick with a standard size box ( 15-18 oz) to work with the ingredients listed.
Pudding Mix: Make sure it’s INSTANT pudding mix and not cook/serve. Also, do not make the pudding! The dry mix is all you need. Like the cake mix, any flavor will work, as long as the box size is the same as noted in the recipe.
Butterscotch Baking Chips: These are located in the same area as regular chocolate chips in your grocery store. If you can’t locate them, check out the recipe card.
Candy Corn? I tossed a few candy corn in the batter for a bit of fall fun. These are totally optional. As you can tell from the pics, they do melt a bit when baked. So, don’t use too many.
How to Make:
- First, make the batter. If it seems thick, that’s OK…it’s suppose to be.
- Once the batter is made, scoop about a tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball. Place on your prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake them up.
- Once done, let them sit for about 5 minutes before removing from the baking sheets. Then, remove and let the cool on wire rack.
Storage: Keep any leftover cookies in a covered container. Refrigerating them is not necessary. If desired, you can freeze these for future use. Simply keep them in a covered freezer safe container or storage bag. Use with 2-3 months.
More Cake Mix Recipes to Try:
- Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls
- Oreo Pudding Poke Cake
- Chocolate Pecan Oat Bars
- Shortcut Chocolate Doughnuts
- Greek Yogurt Chocolate Cake
- 1 box, vanilla cake mix
- 3.4 oz dry instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick ) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butterscotch baking chips
- 1/4 cup candy corn, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a mixing bowl, beat dry cake mix, dry pudding mix with eggs and melted butter until fully combined.
- Stir in butterscotch chips and if desired, candy corn.
- Scoop approx 1 TBSP of dough, roll into a ball and place on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cookies sit for 5 minutes, then, remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 261mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate