Chocolate Frosting- No Refrigeration Required- -Creamy chocolate frosting that is dairy free and doesn’t need to be refrigerated! Frost it on your favorite dessert or eat with a spoon for a delicious chocolaty treat.
- Vegetable Shortening
- Powdered sugar
- Non dairy coffee creamer
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
Shortening: I like to use Crisco sticks for all my baking recipes. Regular or butter flavored will both work.
Coffee Creamer: Yes! I use a basic coffee creamer ( see recipe card). However, vanilla or French vanilla flavors are also great options. Go with your preferred flavor!
A Few Questions Answered:
- Can I Make This Without the Chocolate? Yes. Omit the cocoa powder and decrease the powdered sugar by approx 1/4-1/2 cup. You can also add in a splash of vanilla.
- Does This Really Not Need to Be Refrigerated? No, it doesn’t. There is no dairy or butter to “go bad” if it is stored at room temperature. However, if your area is extremely hot/humid, you can stash it in the fridge. This will help it from simply getting too melty.
Frost it On:
A look back:
- one year ago: Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls
- two years ago: Cinnamon Sugar Quick Bread
- three years ago: Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup non dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- In a bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, coffee cream and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat shortening until creamy. Gradually, add in powdered sugar/creamer/cocoa powder mix and beat to combine. Add in water and continue beating consistency is reached and the frosting is creamy. until the desired.
- Keep any leftovers in a covered container.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1649Total Fat: 116gSaturated Fat: 52gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 57gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 98mgCarbohydrates: 149gFiber: 4gSugar: 121gProtein: 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate