Apple Walnut Cake- Celebrate apple season with this soft cake! It’s filled with sweet apples and crunchy walnuts.
Thanks to some amazing sales in our area, I currently have approximately a million apples in my kitchen.
You know what that means? Yes, apple desserts for everyone!
Today, we have cake and it’s really easy and quick to throw together. It’s also loaded with apples and walnuts. Perfect for fall . 🍂
- Flour + Baking soda
- Salt + Ground cinnamon
Sugar: If desired, you can use brown sugar for this cake.
What Kind of Apples Should I Use?
- For most desserts, a firm and tart apple works best. (ex: jonagold, granny smith ). However, I have used a variety of apples for this cake (usually whatever is in my fridge) and they have all worked well in it.
- This recipe was originally shared in 2019. It was updated in 2022 with new pictures, new text and a revised recipe.
- Do not over mix your batter. Simply mix until no dry spots remain.
Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator. Cake is best eaten within 2-4 days.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, then, cooled
- splash of vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped/peeled apples
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar, egg, melted butter and vanilla. Add in milk and mix to combine. Gradually, add in flour mixture and mix until just combined. Don't over mix.
- Fold in chopped apples and walnuts. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nordic Ware Naturals Aluminum Commercial 8" x 8" Square Cake Pan, 8 by 8 inches, Silver
Simply Organic Cinnamon Ground Certified Organic, 2.45-Ounce Container (Pack Of 2)
Johnny Apple Peeler with Suction Base, Stainless Steel Blades, Red Cast Iron Body | Apple Slicer, Corer, Parer and Pie Maker VKP1010
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate