Apple Walnut Cake- – Celebrate apple season with this soft cake! It’s filled with sweet apples and crunchy walnuts.
We went apple picking last weekend and currently have about a million apples in our kitchen.
You know what that means?
Yes, apple desserts for everyone!
Today, we have cake and it’s really easy and quick to throw together. It’s also loaded with apples and walnuts. Perfect for fall . 🍂
- Flour + Sugar ( see below recipe note)
- Salt + baking soda+ ground cinnamon
- Butter + Eggs
A few recipe notes: You will need 2 types of flour for this recipe and 2 types of sugar. Regular and whole wheat flour. Plus, regular and brown sugar. If you don’t have any whole wheat flour on hand, you can replace it with regular flour.
This recipe requires 3 cups of peeled and chopped apples. This should be about 3-4 mediums size apples.
I opted to garnish a few pieces with caramel sauce before serving (yum!). This is optional, but, does go really well with the cake. Whipped cream with additional walnuts are also an option.
More Apple Recipes ⬎
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- caramel sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together both flours, salt, baking soda and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat both sugars, eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Add in milk and mix to combine. Gradually, add in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chopped apples and walnuts. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- If desired, drizzle tops of sliced cake with caramel before serving.
- adapted from Betty Crocker
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 316Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 160mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 4gSugar: 29gProtein: 7g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate