Easy Homemade Granola- Crunchy granola that is easy to make and versatile to your taste preference. Great for breakfast or a snack!
looking for more breakfast ideas? explore the recipe index!
- Old fashion oats
- Brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Your preferred add ins
Can I Use Quick Cooking Oats?
You can use quick cooking oats. However, I do recommend using the old fashion variety for granola. It has a thicker shape that will hold up better during the baking process. If you do use the quick oats, remember that they are a finer texture and your granola may not come out as crunchy.
Can This Be Made Gluten Free?
Yes. Simply replace your regular old fashion oats with the gluten version and follow recipe as noted.
This is where your versatility comes in. Add in 1 or 2 cups of your favorite granola additions. A few ideas are chocolate chips, shredded coconut, dried fruit, raisins or more nuts. Your choice. 🖒
Important to Note: If you are adding in chocolate chips, I recommend waiting until the mixture is baked and cooled before adding. Otherwise, your chocolate chips will melt. This applies to any add ins that may melt during the baking process.
Keep any leftovers in a covered container. Use within 2 weeks.
Love Oats? Try These Too!
- 4 cups old fashion oats
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup neutral tasting oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of your favorite nuts (almond, peanuts, cashews, mixed nuts, etc)
- 1-2 cups, additional add-ins ( your choice) - ( ex: chocolate chips, shredded coconut, dried fruit, raisins, more nuts, etc)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a bowl, stir together oats, 1 cup nuts and your preferred add ins (see recipe notes).
- Add in egg whites, honey, oil, brown sugar, vanilla and ground cinnamon. Stir completely to coat everything.
- Spread evenly on top of the baking sheet. Bake for 35- 40 minutes or until brown. Lightly stir the mixture every 15 minutes while it is baking.
- Let it cool for about an hour before serving. Keep any leftovers in a covered container. Use within 2 weeks.
- If you are add in chocolate chips, I recommend waiting until the mixture is baked and cooled before adding. Otherwise, your chocolate chips will melt. This applies to any add ins that may melt during the baking process.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 636Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 9gSugar: 25gProtein: 15g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate