Chocolate Covered Pretzels– A fun, simple and delicious sweet treat! Easy chocolate coated pretzels that can be decorated for any occasion or holiday.
Just a few ingredients
Can This Recipe Be Doubled?
Yes, very easily. I found that about 2 cups of melted chocolate chips will coat about 12-15 pretzel rods. If you need more/less, the recipe can be doubled or cut in half.
What Kind of Chocolate Chips Should I Use?
I used a dark chocolate variety, but, you can go with semi sweet, milk chocolate or even a white chocolate. Go with your favorite!
You can melt your chocolate in saucepan over medium heat or in the microwave. If you choose to microwave, do so in 30 second intervals. This will help prevent it from burning. Also, be sure your bowl is microwave safe. 👍
Decorate Your Pretzels…A few Ideas!
- Be sure to decorate your pretzels before the chocolate sets.
- A drizzle of additional chocolate
- Fun googley eyes
- Mini chocolate chips
Store any leftovers in a covered container. If your weather is warm/humid, be sure to store them in the refrigerator.
Love Homemade Candies? Try These Too!
- 12-15 pretzel rods
- 1 tsp shortening or neutral tasting oil
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- sprinkles, jimmies or your favorite decorations
- Line a large flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate chips with oil (or butter) until smooth. You can also do this in the microwave. Microwave in a microwave safe bowl until smooth. Do this in 30 second intervals, to prevent burning.
- Dip your desired amount of the pretzel rod into the melted chocolate. Carefully, shake off any excess chocolate. Place on the parchment paper. Add any type of sprinkles or decorations at this time.
- Let the chocolate dipped rods sit at room temperature or in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container. If your weather is warm/humid, be sure to store them in the refrigerator.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate