Chocolate Chip Yogurt Scones- Soft scones that only need four ingredients! These scones come together quickly and are packed full of mini chocolate chips.
- Self rising flour
- Mini chocolate chips
Self Rising Flour
None on hand? You can replace it with 2 cups of regular flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. Then, continue recipe as noted.
Do I Have to Add the Chocolate Chips?
Nope! You can omit them completely and just have a plain scone or stir in your favorite flavored baking chips, chopped nuts, dried, fruit, etc.
I have used a variety of yogurt with these scones. A regular vanilla variety is what we like best. However, you can use a plain Greek yogurt, vanilla Greek yogurt or a dairy free variety (soy, cashew, etc) will also work.
A few recipe notes
- Don’t over mix your dough. Mixing it until no dry spots remain will do the trick. Over mixing may give you dense scones.
- If your dough seems too wet/sticky, add a tablespoon or two of additional flour. I wouldn’t recommend anything additional over 1/4 of a cup.
- Keep leftovers in a covered container. No need to refrigerate, unless the weather is hot/humid in your area.
- Freezing: Let the scones cool completely. Store in a freezer safe, covered container or storage bag. Reheat frozen scones in the microwave or in a low heated oven.
Love Scones? Try These Too!
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Milk, for topping, optional
- Coarse sugar, for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, butter and yogurt. Mix until dough forms. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Don't over mix your dough!
- On a well floured surface, divide dough into 2 equal size discs. Cut each disc into 4 wedges. Place each wedge separately on prepared baking sheet. If desired, brush tops with milk, then, sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Let them cool about 10-15 minutes before serving.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 539mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 6g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate