Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies- – Got a craving for chocolate chip cookies and don’t want to make a huge pile of cookies? This recipe is just what you need! This will make you just 12 cookies. Plenty to satisfy your craving and still have a few left over to share.
More Small Batch Baking:
- Flour + Salt + Baking Soda
- Brown Sugar
- White Sugar
- Egg Yolk
- Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Chips: As previously mentioned in many posts, I like to use dark chocolate chips in my baking. It’s just a personal preference. If you wish to use the dark chips, see the recipe card for the brand I like. Of course, your standard semi sweet variety are the norm.
This is a pretty basic chocolate chip cookie recipe, with the exception that it only makes 12 cookies. Your standard chocolate chip cookie recipe will probably give you anywhere from 24-36 cookies. But, like those standard chocolate chip recipes, make sure your butter is softened before using.
You don’t want it to be a melted mess, but, softened. This will make mixing much easier and give you the soft consistency with your cookies.
How to Make:
- First, line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Then, in a bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat softened butter until creamy. Then, add in both sugars, vanilla and egg yolk. Beat to combine.
- Gradually, add in the dry ingredients and beat until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by the spoonful on prepared baking sheet and bake.
- Once removed from the oven, let them sit on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Then, remove and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
A few last notes:
- If desired, you can make your cookie dough and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake. Cover the dough and use within a day or two. You will need to let it come to room temperature before baking. It will be easier for scooping the batter.
- These cookies will freeze well. Store them in a freezer safe covered container or storage bag. They will say good for about 2 months. To defrost, let them sit at room temperature or pop in the microwave for a few seconds to warm.
More Ideas for Your Chocolate Chips:
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Oatmeal Pumpkin Bread
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle
- Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
linking up and weekend potluck
Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
Got a craving for chocolate chip cookies and don’t want to make a huge pile of cookies? This recipe is just what you need! This will make you just 12 cookies. Plenty to satisfy your craving and still have a few left over to share
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 TBSP white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat both sugars until creamy. Add in egg yolk and vanilla. Beat to combine.
- Gradually, add in flour mixture and beat until fully combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by the spoonful on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Let cookies sit for 5 minutes, then, remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate
Of Goats and Greens
Tuesday 21st of September 2021
I like that these are quick and easy, and also that they're not intended for an army of people - enough for one or two people to enjoy over a few days. Thanks for sharing with Fiesta Friday!
Tuesday 21st of September 2021
Thanks for the party!