Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies- – Got a craving for chocolate chip cookies and don’t want to make a huge pile of cookies? This recipe is just what you need! This will make you just 12 cookies. Plenty to satisfy your craving and still have a few left over to share.
More Small Batch Baking:
- Flour + Salt + Baking Soda
- Brown Sugar
- White Sugar
- Egg Yolk
- Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Chips: As previously mentioned in many posts, I like to use dark chocolate chips in my baking. It’s just a personal preference. If you wish to use the dark chips, see the recipe card for the brand I like. Of course, your standard semi sweet variety are the norm.
This is a pretty basic chocolate chip cookie recipe, with the exception that it only makes 12 cookies. Your standard chocolate chip cookie recipe will probably give you anywhere from 24-36 cookies. But, like those standard chocolate chip recipes, make sure your butter is softened before using.
You don’t want it to be a melted mess, but, softened. This will make mixing much easier and give you the soft consistency with your cookies.
How to Make:
- First, line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Then, in a bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat softened butter until creamy. Then, add in both sugars, vanilla and egg yolk. Beat to combine.
- Gradually, add in the dry ingredients and beat until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by the spoonful on prepared baking sheet and bake.
- Once removed from the oven, let them sit on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Then, remove and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
A few last notes:
- If desired, you can make your cookie dough and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake. Cover the dough and use within a day or two. You will need to let it come to room temperature before baking. It will be easier for scooping the batter.
- These cookies will freeze well. Store them in a freezer safe covered container or storage bag. They will say good for about 2 months. To defrost, let them sit at room temperature or pop in the microwave for a few seconds to warm.
More Ideas for Your Chocolate Chips:
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Oatmeal Pumpkin Bread
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle
- Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 TBSP white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat both sugars until creamy. Add in egg yolk and vanilla. Beat to combine.
- Gradually, add in flour mixture and beat until fully combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by the spoonful on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Let cookies sit for 5 minutes, then, remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate