Chocolate Chip Frosting- Creamy and dreamy! Easy chocolate frosting made with chocolate chips. You only need a few ingredients and it goes perfectly on just about any dessert.
There are a few things that are always in my pantry- – flour, powdered sugar, green tea and of course, chocolate chips. I would like to say the chocolate chips are there because I run a dessert blog. However, most of the time, they are eaten by my daughter.
She’s a bit of a chocolate chip- aholic. 🙂
When I do have them in stock ( which means I have hidden them in my bedroom closet), and need a chocolate frosting, this frosting is something I like to make.
It’s easy, creamy and crazy, yummy delicious.
- Chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar
Chocolate Chips: Semi-sweet is what I like to use. You can use a dark chocolate or milk chocolate, but, you may want to adjust your powdered sugar.
Butter: Make sure it’s softened. You will need 2 sticks.
A few notes:
- This recipe will frost a 13 x 9 pan or 12 cupcakes. It can also easily be cut in half. If you have any leftovers, be sure to store them in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- Once refrigerated, the frosting will firm up a bit. You will need to let it come to room temperature and soften before using.
- If you are melting your chocolate chips in the microwave, do it in 30 second intervals. This will help prevent them from burning.
Frost it on:
- Angel Food Cupcakes
- Shortcut Baked Doughnuts
- Chocolate Cake for Two
- Vanilla Cupcakes
- Yellow Cake for Two
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- In a saucepan or in microwave, melt chocolate chips until smooth. Set aside just until they are room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Slowly add in powdered sugar and vanilla. Then, drizzle in cooled chocolate and beat until fully combined and fluffy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 852Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 166gFiber: 5gSugar: 155gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate