Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles are creamy treats that only require 3 ingredients! Dress them up in a wide variety of toppings and make them your own.
Hey guys and welcome to a new week. 👋
I hope you had a lovely weekend. Mine was alright. I did start developing a very annoying cold to end the summer, so, that hasn’t been fun. But, otherwise, pretty nice.
Despite my annoying cold, I did manage to make some truffles.
Creamy, chocolaty truffles that only need three ingredients and zero baking.
My kind of treat.
Those Three Ingredients You Need:
- Chocolate chips
- Creamy peanut butter
- Whipped topping
To Make Truffles: In a microwave safe bowl, melt your chocolate chips until smooth. Do this in 30 second intervals, to prevent them from burning.
Once melted, stir in the peanut butter. I used a regular creamy peanut butter. Try to avoid a natural peanut butter, due to the excess oil. It could affect the texture of the truffles.
Give the mixture approx 5-8 minutes to cool, then, stir in the whipped topping. Whipped Topping = Cool Whip or brand equivalent. If you are looking for a whipped topping without a whole laundry list of ingredients, try TruWhip!
Refrigerate your batter for at least an hour to firm up. You can leave it in longer, or even, overnight, if desired. To firm it up quickly, place in the freezer for about 40-50 minutes.
Once set, form the batter into round balls. Coat in desired toppings and place on a flat rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
You can eat them immediately or place back into the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them.
What Kind Of Toppings Can I Use? This is Totally Up To You!
- A few ideas ➝ ➝ Sprinkles ( rainbow or chocolate), powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, toffee bits, cocoa powder, chopped cookies….go crazy and use your imagination!
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz whipped topping, thawed
- Topping ideas: powdered sugar, sprinkles, cocoa powder, cinnamon, cinnamon sugar, shredded coconut, chopped nuts or cookies
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt your chocolate chips until smooth. Do this in 30 second intervals, to prevent them from burning.
- Once melted, stir in the peanut butter and mix until fully combined.
- Let mixture cool for 5-10 minutes, then, stir in whipped topping. Be sure the batter is fully mixed.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least one hour to set.
- Once ready, roll batter into approx 1 inch size balls. Once set, coat in desired toppings and place on a flat rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- You can eat them immediately or place back into the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate