Baked Oatmeal- No more soggy oatmeal! This baked variety comes together quickly and is crazy versatile. Switch up the ingredients and make it your own.
- Old fashion oats
- Baking powder + Salt + Ground cinnamon
- Brown sugar
- Egg white + Vanilla
Pin it for Later!
The great thing about this recipe is that it is totally versatile. You can switch up the ingredients or add a few to the mix.
A Few Versatile Ideas
- Use quick cooking oats instead of old fashion. Just remember that quick cooking oats are finer in texture than old fashion oats, you may need to bake a few minutes longer.
- Instead of an egg white, you can use the whole egg or a plant based/vegan egg substitute..
- No brown sugar on hand? Use regular granulated white sugar, coconut palm sugar, a sugar free alternative, honey or pure maple syrup instead.
- If you use a sugar free alternative, be sure to double check beforehand the ratio of using the alternative vs the real sugar. For honey or maple syrup, you may want to increase your oats just slightly to absorb the extra liquid.
- Replace the melted butter with your preferred oil.
- Dairy milk or a plant based ( soy, oat, etc) alternative will both work.
Add in Ideas
- Chopped apples
- Peanut butter ( or your favorite nut butter!)
- Frozen berries
- Mini chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut
- Chopped nuts
The list is endless! Go with your favorite!
Keep any leftovers in your refrigerator. Use within 2-4 days.
Can This Recipe Be Doubled?
Yes! Simply double the ingredients and use a 9 x 13 baking pan. Increase your baking time by approx 5 minutes.
A look back
- one year ago: One Bowl Chocolate Snack Cake with Mint Avocado Frosting
- two years ago: Irish Cream Brownie Bites
- three years ago: Marshmallow Fluff Cookies
linking up and weekend potluck
No more soggy oatmeal! This baked variety comes together quickly and is crazy versatile. Switch up the ingredients and make it your own.
- 1 3/4 cups old fashion oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, then, cooled
- splash of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together oats, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt.
- Then, stir in milk, brown sugar, egg white, melted butter and vanilla. Mix until fully combined.
- Spread into prepared dish and bake for 30-35 minutes or until brown.
- Let it cool for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate