Brown Sugar Blueberry Quick Bread – – Soft quick bread made with brown sugar and bursting with sweet blueberries!
It’s a new week and it’s time for some quick bread!
I adore quick breads. You can have them for breakfast, dessert, a snack, a side for dinner…anytime you want. They are also easy, versatile and well, quick. 😉
This quick bread is so amazing. It is baked up with brown sugar (which gives is a soft and moist texture) and is jammed packed with blueberries.
TWO full cups of blueberries! 🤯
Grab Your Supplies: Electric mixer + bowl, 9 inch loaf pan + non stick cooking spray & rubber spatula. Plus, measuring cups/spoons.
Ingredients Needed for Your Quick Bread:
- Flour + Salt + Baking Powder
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk ( see below note)
- Brown sugar
- Plain Greek yogurt
A Few Recipe Notes:
- Don’t over mix your batter! It’s OK for the batter to be a little lumpy. Over mixing will give you a dense loaf of bread.
- Blueberries: Fresh or frozen will both work. If you use frozen, don’t let them defrost. Add them right in to the batter frozen. Letting them defrost may cause them to bleed into your batter..giving you a purple loaf of bread.
- The recipe card nutrition is based on using unsweetened vanilla almond milk. This is what I used. Using regular milk is just fine, but, the nutritional information will be different.
- Plain Greek yogurt: If you don’t have any on hand, feel free to use sour cream or canola oil. Like the milk, this will change your nutritional information.
Grab a slice and enjoy-
Love quick breads? Try these too ⤵
- Maple Cinnamon Quick Bread
- Garlic Cheddar Quick Bread
- Strawberry Jam Quick Bread
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Quick Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 TBSP plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and egg. Then, add in yogurt and milk. Add in flour, salt and baking powder and mix until just combined.
- Fold in blueberries. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let bread cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate