Two Ingredient Queso- Creamy, cheesy and only two ingredients! This queso is great for a snack or for your next party. It can be made right in your microwave or slow cooker.
Just Two Ingredients!
Do I Have to Use “Velveeta”?
My honest answer…I don’t know. I have never used a store brand equivalent of Velveeta. It’s always been the name brand stuff. Mostly, because, another brand is tough to find. If you want to try something similar that isn’t “Velveeta” brand, it should work OK, but, I can’t guarantee that. Also, if you do and it works…please let me know!
What is Rotel?
“Rotel” is the brand name for a specific type of canned tomatoes. They are small diced tomatoes that will also include green chilis. Now, these will be easier to find in another brand. You can go with hot, mild or just grab a can of small diced tomatoes with no seasoning at all. It’s up to you. Whichever you choose, you will still need the specific can size to make the recipe work.
Do I Have to Drain the Tomatoes?
Your choice! You can and it will give you a thicker queso. Avoid draining and you will have a thinner queso.
How Do I Make This in My Slow Cooker?
I always make this in my microwave..it’s easy and quick. However, making this in your slow cooker/crock pot is an option. Especially, if you want to keep it warm for a period of time. Check out the recipe card for instructions for both!
Storage & Reheating
- Keep any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator. It’s best eaten within 2-3 days. I don’t recommend freezing this, because of the cheese. It could separate.
- Reheating: Reheat queso in the microwave, slow cooker or stove top. Reheat it under low heat. If your queso seems too thick, add a bit of milk to thin it out as it heats.
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese
- 10 oz can of Rotel diced tomatoes
For the Microwave:
- Cut the Velveeta into cubes. Place in microwave safe bowl and add in Rotel. Microwave for 2 minutes, then, remove from microwave. Stir it lightly. Microwave it for an additional 1-2 minutes until smooth.
For the Slow Cooker:
- Follow instructions for the microwave, but, place items in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 1- 1 1/2 hours until melted and smooth.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 880mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 9g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate